Starting in 2023 spring, Azamara's 4-ship fleet will be able to access the Venetian Lagoon ports of Fusina and Chioggia, allowing guests to stroll the cobblestone streets, marvel at gondolas, and explore the city with ease.
In addition to gaining access to the heart of Venice, the continued pursuit of hidden gems brings them the unique chance to explore Chioggia, which recently experienced a rise in tourism due to the flourishing of bacari, bars serving wine/finger food along the central canal, Riva Vena. Vacationers can enjoy the city's historic churches, beautiful sandy beaches, charming canals, and undiscovered scenery.
Highlights of the upcoming cruises to Venice include:
- 7-night Italy Intensive Voyage encourages guests to explore Italy with late-night stays in Amalfi, Kotor (Montenegro), and Ravenna, as well as an overnight stay in Civitavecchia/Rome.
- 7-night Amalfi & Dalmatian Coasts Voyage explores the shorelines of the Dalmatian and Amalfi Coasts, with 4 late-night stays, including Dubrovnik (Croatia), Kotor, Sibenik, and Sorrento, as well as an overnight in Venice.
Azamara offers an array of shore excursions to help passengers dive deeper into Venice's history and local life:
- An evening gondola ride accompanied by a local singer/accordionist.
- A motorboat cruise to neighboring isles, Murano and Burano, where passengers can enjoy a tour of a glass-blowing factory and a demonstration of lace-making techniques.
- A guided tour with a local expert including visits to the church of Saint Rocco and Campo San Polo.