The menu updates are focused on breakfast in the main dining rooms, specialty dining, and Deli venues, having undergone transformation with various tantalizing new items reflecting updated preparation techniques, lighter ingredients, and exquisite presentation.
Baked Alaska, the classic dessert made of cake & ice cream topped with merengue, is reintroduced after a number of years with uniformed waiters performing the tradition of parading the delicious confection throughout the dining room before service.
- Breakfast Menus in the MDRs are just as varied with delicious options like avocado toast; Breakfast Bowl featuring spinach, kale, sesame seeds, faro wheat berries, feta cheese, sunny side up egg and raspberries; fresh-baked Broccoli & Cheddar Egg Frittata. There is also a Broken Egg Sandwich in panini-style with bacon, cheddar, fried eggs, greens and hash browns; as well as a “Breakfast Board” with house-made yogurt, soft boiled egg, seasonal jam, pastrami, grilled sour dough bread and baby lettuce salad. For guests on the go, new “breakfast express” is offered on port days with orange juice, hickory-smoked bacon/sausage, pastries and eggs, all prepared within 25 minutes. Traditional breakfast favorites like French toast, cereals and pancakes are also offered. 12 Carnival ships feature the new breakfast items with the others of the fleet expected to receive them by mid-2018.
- New Menu has been created for Cucina del Capitano to reflect the diversity of Italian culinary regions, with such dishes as Branzino Al Forno in Crosta Dorata with stewed chickpeas, tomatoes, salmoriglio, mushroom bark, as well as Risotto Milanese with Parmesan cheese and saffron, Grande Braciola Di Maiale (tomahawk pork chop with shallots, crispy sage and fennel pollen), and Costina Di Manzo Con Porcini with young tomato bruschetta and salsa verde. House-made burrata, Italian favorite with mozzarella and cream distinguished by its buttery flavor, has also been added, with classic Italian favorites including chicken Parmesan, fried calamari and meatballs. The new Cucina del Capitano menus are now offered on 3 ships – Carnival Breeze, Carnival Magic and Carnival Vista – with Carnival Sunshine due to be updated soon.
- The re-branding of pizzerias to Pizzeria del Capitano will be incorporated into additional ships during scheduled dry docks. The 24-hour venues will offer 5 kinds of thin-crusted, hand-tossed pies from pepperoni and Margherita to artisan-style quattro formaggio, prosciutto and mushroom.
- Updated Steakhouse menus are currently available on 3 ships. They offer appetizers like Iced and Smoked Fresh Oysters with Apple Mignonette; Risotto with Crab, Mushroom and Brown Butter; Heritage Berkshire Pork Belly with Apple Walnut Preserve, and Tuna Tartare with Yuzu Sphere & Avocado “Leche de Tiger”. These complement the selection of USDA prime steaks with new items like A-5 Wagyu steak as well as lighter fare, such as Dover Sole Pan-Seared with Lemon Potato-Mousseline & Shallot Emulsion and Farmhouse Chicken with Roasted Honey Vinegar. 4 additional ships are due to get the new menus by early 2018.
- Delis have undergone a huge change with updated design and new choices, such as 7 sandwiches including buffalo chicken, meatball, and The Cubano with ham, roasted pork, pickles, Swiss cheese and mustard, along with Southwest chicken, turkey wraps and falafel. Carnival passengers can enjoy a sweet finish to the meal with Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie baked every morning.