Holland America Line unveiled more than 100 cruises to choose from between October 2018-April 2019 ranging from 3 to 21 days, and sailing on 8 of line’s premium, mid-sized vessels including the fleet's newest addition, ms Nieuw Statendam.
The itineraries explore eastern, western and southern Caribbean regions, some sail to Cuba while others spend a day discovering Panama Canal. 7 ships sail roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale. MS Rotterdam takes over roundtrip Tampa departures.
Most departures from Fort Lauderdale include a visit to Half Moon Cay, line’s award-winning private Bahamian island. Caribbean itineraries also introduce ms Nieuw Statendam on ship's premier season with voyages from 3 to 17 days.
- Between October 2018-April 2019, ms Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Oosterdam, Veendam, Zuiderdam and Rotterdam, sail more than a hundred 3- to 14-day trips that can be combined into back-to-back Collectors’ Voyages from 13 to 21 days.
- In October 2018, ms Veendam kicks off Caribbean season via Cuban Explorer 7-, 10-, 11- and 12-day itineraries until March 2019. Along with Cienfuegos and Havana, the ship will call at a number of other Caribbean ports in Mexico, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. MS Veendam also offers 7-day eastern Caribbean Holiday trip in December and 11-day southern Caribbean cruise in January 2019 that don't visit Cuba.
- MS Nieuw Statendam kicks off its maiden Caribbean season via 4-day cruise to Bahamas in December. Following the inaugural Caribbean trip, the ship features 7-day itineraries that offer eastern and western routes. MS Nieuw Statendam also offers a 10-day itinerary in January 2019 for passengers interested in exploring lesser-visited cruise ports in the southern Caribbean like Kralendijk, Amber Cove, and Barbados. Other southern Caribbean itineraries are available on ms Koningsdam, beginning November 2018. Travelers can choose between 7-, 10- and 11-day itineraries.
- MS Nieuw Amsterdam explores the eastern and western regions of the Caribbean on a series of 7-day cruises, featuring calls at Saint Thomas, San Juan, Cozumel, Grand Turk, Georgetown, Ocho Rios. Similarly, ms Oosterdam offers a series of 7-day itineraries spotlighting both eastern and western routes, and 7-day Tropical Caribbean itineraries featuring calls at ports in Bahamas and Dominica.
- Those looking to explore Panama Canal can experience partial transit onboard ms Zuiderdam, roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale FL on 10- and 11-day voyages. The ship calls at several Caribbean ports making its way to Gatun Lake, where travelers enjoy a day of scenic cruising.
- Between October 2018-April 2019 ms Rotterdam sails roundtrip from Tampa FL on eight 7-day western itineraries as well as five 14-day southern itineraries. The vessel visits some of the most beautiful islands and ports in the region, of which Key West, Curacao, Mahogany Bay, Costa Maya, Aruba and Saint Lucia.
Many of HAL itineraries can be extended into Collectors’ Voyages, that offer the ultimate Caribbean exploration with economical fares. Ranging between 14-21 days, the artfully crafted longer trips combine back-to-back itineraries that enable guests to span more than a single Caribbean area.
A total of 14 holiday cruises are due to ply the Caribbean waters on far-reaching itineraries ranging from 7 to 14 days. A number of non-repeating itineraries can be combined in order to form longer Holiday Collectors’ Voyage which can be extended up to 21 days. Passengers can also opt for ms Prinsendam’s 14-day Caribbean Holiday trip departing December 21, 2018. The vessel calls at ports in British Virgin Islands, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Barbados, Grenadines, Half Moon Cay, Trinidad and Tobago.