Crystal Cruises announced it will debut new Supper Club experience onboard Crystal Serenity when the ship emerges from drydock November 10. The refurbishment is at Lloyd Werft shipyard in Bremerhaven Germany.
The Supper Club, set in the vessel’s Stardust Club, will be offered on the first and the final “Black Tie Optional” evenings of cruises, beginning with those of 8 days or more.
According to Crystal’s senior vice president of hotel operations, Toni Neumeister, the Stardust Supper Club would highlight the music and vibe of clubs that Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra performed in during their heyday. The new dining and entertainment experience is due to become "an intimate alternative to the grand occasions" in Crystal Dining Room, which during the redesign will be transformed into Waterside.
Passengers will enjoy a 4-course menu (from Waterside), while featured vocalists and Crystal Serenity’s Show Band perform. Musicians will offer non-stop music throughout dinner, and the Ballroom Dance Quartet of the ship will perform a couple of spotlight dances (one during dessert and coffee service).
Stardust Supper Club will be able to accommodate up to 108 passengers per evening. Seating will begin at 6:30 p.m. Reservations will be available upon embarkation aboard the ship with the restaurant manager. At a later date, guests will be able to make reservations through Crystal’s Priority Check-in and Planning Center.
On November 10, 2018 Crystal Serenity will sail out of Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale FL for her first voyage following an extensive redesign. Technological advancements, dining options, public spaces and accommodations were all upgraded.
- During the dry dock Crystal entertainment team is preparing a brand new Broadway-style production show named Crystal on Broadway, The Show which features songs from hit musicals West Side Story, Rent, Something Rotten!
- Open seating dining is due to debut aboard Crystal Serenity, with more flexibility for evening entertainment.
- Crystal Dining Room is to be transformed into Waterside, with increased seating capacity, more tables for 2 and 4, and new decor.
- Silk Road is to be re-branded as Umi Uma & Sushi Bar but will continue serving Nobu’s signature dishes.
- Tastes becomes Silk Kitchen & Bar and is due to serve Chinese comfort food.
- Lido Cafe becomes The Marketplace during daytime and a Brazilian steakhouse, Churrascaria, in the evening.
- Crystal’s Italian restaurant, Prego, will continue serving guest-favorite Italian specialties.
- The ship is receiving 36 Seabreeze Penthouses and 2 Seabreeze Penthouse Suites, while reducing capacity from 1,070 to 980 passengers.
- The favorite spot for gatherings, Crystal Serenity’s Palm Court, will receive more tables for two, new finishes, and carpeting. The stage will be relocated in “in-the-round” concept together with a new modernized bar area.
- The Computer University@Sea, adjoining classroom, and the multi-purpose Studio, receive new carpeting, equipment, seating and 70-inch TVs.