Princess Cruises’ 2020 cruise season in Canada & New England showcases fall foliage in iconic destinations situated along the east coast, and even offers an opportunity to head north and call in Greenland.
The season offers 16 departures, visiting 16 destinations on 5 itineraries, 5- to 16-day long. There are also select cruises in the summer months. Highlights include:
- New for 2020, the Caribbean Princess ship will visit Greenland. A 16-day roundtrip cruise from New York City visits the capital and largest city of the country, Nuuk, as well as Qaqortoq and Nanortalik. The itinerary also includes visits to Halifax, Sydney, Nova Scotia, St. John’s.
- Caribbean Princess also offers 10-day classic Canada & New England sailings from Quebec City and New York, featuring overnights in Quebec on every cruise. Port calls include Boston, Newport, Portland, Saint John, Halifax, Sydney, New Brunswick, Carlottetown, Saguenay, Quebec.
- The ship will also offer 13-day Canada & Colonial America itinerary from Fort Lauderdale to Quebec (or the reverse), calling in Sydney, Saint John, Halifax, Bar Harbor, Newport, Boston, Rhode Island, New York, Norfolk (southbound) or Charleston (northbound).
- Sky Princess is due to sail her maiden Canada & New England season via 7-day voyages roundtrip from New York, calling at Newport, Rhode Island, Bar Harbor, Boston, Saint John, Halifax.
- Also on Sky Princess, a 5-day Canadian Atlantic Provinces Getaway from New York will also be offered, calling at Halifax and Saint John.
Princess Cruises passengers can choose among Animal Planet and Discovery shore excursions, that range from wine tasting and yacht racing to seeing Fenway Park and exploring lighthouses. During all 10-day Classic Canada & New England itineraries, the line provides departures at 9:00 p.m. or later in Boston and Quebec City so travelers have plenty of time to explore.
Princess offers 2 cruisetour options to see the Niagara Falls, sites of colonial America and the best of eastern Canada:
- Historic America Cruisetour takes passengers to places like Colonial Williamsburg, Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello estate, Independence Hall in Philadelphia, Gettysburg Battlefield.
- Maple Explorer Cruisetour brings vacationers to Niagara Falls, port cities like the capital of Ottawa, French-flavored Montreal with tours of grand cathedrals, Canadian Museum of Civilization, 19th century Rideau Canal. Travelers will also enjoy a cruise through the Thousand Islands.