Carnival Cruise Line recently announced that for the first time, it offers a series of voyages from San Francisco CA, with Carnival Miracle operating a schedule that includes 4- to 15-day Alaska, Hawaii and Mexico voyages in 2020.
Following strong reception to the previously announced program out of San Diego in 2019, the ship will return to the port for a winter 2020-2021 schedule of 3- to 15-day voyages.
The deployments bolster Carnival’s position as West Coast cruise leader, which carries more passengers than any other operator. The number will continue to grow with Carnival Panorama's debut from Long Beach December 2019. Panorama is the first Carnival newbuild on the West Coast in 20 years.
Via the addition of San Francisco, the cruise company operates from 19 homeports in North America, providing a convenient means for its passengers to get to and from their voyages.
Carnival’s first schedule from San Francisco begins on March 19, 2020, onboard Carnival Miracle, and includes 4-day long weekend trips to Ensenada departing Thursdays and sailing back on Mondays throughout the spring and summer, along with 5- and 6-day cruises to Ensenada, San Diego and Catalina Island in the spring.
- The ship also offers a summer schedule of 10-day Alaska itineraries round-trip from San Francisco with various popular destinations, such as Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, opportunities to visit Sitka and Tracy Arm Fjord. A special one-time 11-day Alaska voyage departs August 9, 2020.
- A 15-day Carnival Journeys Hawaii round-trip cruise from San Francisco departs on April 16, 2020, visiting Maui (Kahului), Hilo, Honolulu, Kona, Kauai, and Ensenada.
- Prior to her West Coast deployment, Miracle offers a 17-day Carnival Journeys Panama Canal transit between March 2-19, 2020, visiting Santa Marta, Cartagena, Limon, Panama Canal, Puntarenas, Puerto Quetzal, and Cabo San Lucas.
- Carnival Miracle operates a winter schedule of cruises from San Diego beginning October 4, 2020. The program includes 3-day getaways to Ensenada, 4-day sailings to Catalina Island and Ensenada, and 5-day departures that spend 2 full days in Cabo San Lucas.
- Also on offer are four 15-day Carnival Journeys Hawaii itineraries round-trip from San Diego departing October 16 and November 28, 2020, and January 9 and February 20, 2021. Featured ports include Kona, Hilo, Kauai (Nawiliwili), Maui (Kahului), Honolulu, as well as stop in Ensenada.