SunStone Ships signed an agreement on Wednesday, May 29, in Hong Kong for the Infinity Class Vessel No.7, continuing with its European designed, Chinese built concept. The 7th vessel now ordered boasts a long-term charter agreement, the ship is scheduled for delivery in September 2021. Its name (Sylvia Earle) was announced in early-January 2020.
Infinity-Class newbuilds underway include:
- Greg Mortimer, scheduled for delivery in August 2019
- Ocean Victory, October 2020
- Ocean Explorer, January 2021
- Ocean Odyssey, March 2022
- Ocean Discoverer, September 2022
- Ocean Albatros, October 2022
- Vessel No.7, September 2021
All SunStone Ships Inc-owned vessels are with ice-strengthened hulls and operated under charter on Antarctic and Arctic cruisetours.