Major cruise line companies are currently staying out of the path of Hurricane Dorian which results in extended voyages for some and delayed or shortened roundtrips, or itinerary changes for other passengers.
Further changes are possible given the unpredictable path of the storm, so travelers should check the cruise lines' websites regularly.
The latest updates include:
- Carnival Liberty: The September 2 departure from Port Canaveral was canceled and travelers will receive a refund.
- Carnival Elation: The September 2 departure from Port Canaveral was delayed until Thursday, September 6 and will be shortened. All ports of call will be determined by the weather.
- Carnival Horizon: The September 2 departure from Miami FL will be shortened to a 3-day trip departing on Wednesday, September 4.
- Allure of the Seas: The August 24 departure was extended until Wednesday, September 4, with extra calls in Honduras and Mexico. The September 1 departure was shortened and will be a 4-night cruise departing September 4.
- Harmony of the Seas: The August 25 departure was extended until September 4, with an added call in Cozumel and extra sea nights at sea. The September 1 departure will depart on September 4 and will be shortened.
- Symphony of the Seas: The August 31 departure was extended and is scheduled to return on September 4. The cruise company skipped a Bahamas spot and added 2 sea days and a visit to Costa Maya. The September 3 voyage will depart on September 4, with the line skipping a sea day.
- Norwegian Breakaway: Guests on the August 25 departure, scheduled to arrive on Sunday, are due to return to PortMiami on Wednesday, September 4. Travelers who had to depart Sunday for a 7-day voyage will now depart on Wednesday, September 4 for a 4-day cruise.
- Norwegian Sun: The August 29 departure canceled stops in the Bahamas and departed Cozumel on Sunday. The ship's scheduled September 2 departure from Port Canaveral will be affected but details have not been released.
- Disney Dream: The September 2 departure was delayed until September 4 and shortened to a 2-night cruise. A planned stop in Castaway Cay, on Thursday, is dependent on the weather.