The vessel, which left Hong Kong on February 1, 2020, has already been refused entry to the Philippines and Japan as well as numerous ports in Taiwan, South Korea, and Guam.
Port authorities cited fears that passengers might be carrying the coronavirus, despite Westerdam's operators saying they had "no reason" to believe there were any cases on board.
On Monday night, February 10, the company said the cruise ship would be allowed to dock in Laem Chabang on Thursday, February 13. However, Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said in a Facebook post on Tuesday that he had issued orders, and permission to dock had been refused.
Despite the fears, Holland America Line said the vessel was not in quarantine and there was "no reason to believe there were any cases of coronavirus on board."
MS Westerdam was on a 14-day Taiwan & Japan cruise sailing out of Hong Kong. The next cruise, which was due to begin on February 15, has been cancelled.
For other MS Westerdam accidents and incidents see at the ship's CruiseMinus page.