Diamond Princess' Coronavirus Quarantine Is Officially Over for All 2,666 Passengers

   February 28, 2020 ,   Accidents

The coronavirus quarantine aboard Diamond Princess is officially over for all 2666 passengers.  Princess Cruises PR Director Negin Kamali said in a statement that Princess Cruises could confirm that the disembarkation of all guests aboard Diamond Princess was complete. 

However, not everyone is off the cruise ship yet. 

Kamali said that currently, there were fewer than 500 crew on board. For those who would not depart by government charter flights, they had "finalized plans with the Japan Ministry of Health for a quarantine shoreside facility in Japan."

Diamond Princess cruise ship

Diamond Princess originally departed from Yokohama Japan on a 14-day roundtrip itinerary (January 20 through February 4). After a man who was on board for 5 days disembarked in Hong Kong and tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19), the liner became a floating quarantine center for 3,711 passengers and crew.

Since then, over 700 people have caught the illness on board. 4 people have died. Many others returned to their home countries to find themselves in quarantine anew. 

For other Diamond Princess accidents and incidents see at the ship's CruiseMinus page.

For Coronavirus updates on cruise ship quarantines (infected passengers and crew) and top-pandemic countries (COVID-19 cases and deaths, daily updated statistics) see at CruiseMapper's Norovirus page.

This website uses cookies and local storage. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies and local storage.