PortMiami (Florida USA) is in the middle of a massive construction boom with a number of new cruise terminals and cruise line headquarters currently under construction.
RCI-Royal Caribbean International, NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line, MSC Cruises and Virgin Voyages UK are all in the middle of building projects at PortMiami.
- The new Terminal B (NCL) will finally be completed this month. It was originally scheduled to open in November 2019 but the opening date was pushed back until May 2020.
- The new Terminal V (Virgin Voyages) will remain on the current timeline and will open in November 2021. A timeline had not been given for its opening. The completion of the cruise terminal will happen before the second cruise ship of Virgin, Valiant Lady, visits the port.
- Work on the new headquarters of Royal Caribbean stopped in May. All cranes and workers have been pulled off the construction site.
- MSC Cruises is building Terminal AA, Terminal AAA, and new headquarters at PortMiami.
- CCL-Carnival Cruise Line is planning a massive renovation to its Miami terminals.
All projects that have yet to commence or that are in the early stages of the building will be put on hold until the industry can resume cruises.
PortMiami FL is the Cruise Capital of the World and sees more passengers pass through the port than any other port. PortMiami saw 6.8M cruise passengers last year and was expected to see even more in 2020 before all cruises were shutdown.