Valiant Lady current position
Current itinerary of Valiant Lady
Valiant Lady current cruise is 8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles. Prices start from USD 2268 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 28 Jan, 2023 and ends on 05 Feb, 2023.
|Date / Time||Port|
|28 Jan 18:00||Departing from Miami, Florida hotels|
|30 Jan 10:00 - 19:00||Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana|
|31 Jan 12:00 - 22:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|01 Feb 08:00 - 18:00||St Croix Island USVI, Frederiksted-Christiansted, US Virgin Islands|
|04 Feb 08:00 - 19:00||Bimini Islands, Resorts World Bimini Bahamas, Bailey Town|
|05 Feb 06:30||Arriving in Miami, Florida hotels|
Specifications of Valiant Lady
|Year built||2022 / Age: 1|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Sestri Ponente, Genoa Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 600 million (USD 710 million)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||278 m / 912 ft|
|Beam (width)||38 m / 125 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||110000 gt|
|Passengers||2770 - 2860|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||Scarlet Lady, Resilient Lady, Brilliant Lady|
|Owner||Virgin Voyages Ltd (Virgin Group UK + Bain Capital USA)|
|Operator||Virgin Cruise Line|
Valiant Lady Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Jan 28||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2268|
|2023 Feb 05||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1732|
|2023 Feb 11||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2268|
|2023 Feb 19||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1732|
|2023 Feb 25||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2268|
|2023 Mar 05||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1691|
|2023 Mar 11||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2557|
|2023 Mar 19||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1980|
|2023 Mar 25||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2557|
|2023 Apr 02||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1578|
|2023 Apr 08||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2387|
|2023 Apr 16||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1771|
|2023 Apr 22||15 days, one-way from Miami to Barcelona||Miami||$2271|
|2023 May 07||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2194|
|2023 May 14||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$2194|
|2023 May 21||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2194|
|2023 May 28||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$2109|
|2023 Jun 04||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$1787|
|2023 Jun 11||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$1930|
|2023 Jun 18||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2216|
|2023 Jun 25||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$2216|
|2023 Jul 02||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$1966|
|2023 Jul 09||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$1966|
|2023 Jul 16||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2288|
|2023 Jul 23||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$2288|
|2023 Jul 30||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2288|
|2023 Aug 06||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$2288|
|2023 Aug 13||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2288|
|2023 Aug 20||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$2216|
|2023 Aug 27||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2216|
|2023 Sep 03||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$2395|
|2023 Sep 10||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2395|
|2023 Sep 17||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$2216|
|2023 Sep 24||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2037|
|2023 Oct 01||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$2037|
|2023 Oct 08||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2002|
|2023 Oct 15||7 days, round-trip French Daze Ibiza||Barcelona||$2002|
|2023 Oct 22||7 days, round-trip The Irresistible Med||Barcelona||$2002|
|2023 Oct 29||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona||$1894|
|2023 Nov 12||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1137|
|2023 Nov 18||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$1495|
|2023 Nov 26||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1137|
|2023 Dec 02||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$1495|
|2023 Dec 10||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1137|
|2023 Dec 16||7 days, round-trip Dominican Puerto Rican Daze||Miami||$1332|
|2023 Dec 23||7 days, round-trip Valiant Caribbean Holidays||Miami||$1527|
|2023 Dec 30||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2535|
|2024 Jan 07||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1755|
|2024 Jan 13||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2250|
|2024 Jan 21||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1755|
|2024 Jan 27||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2250|
|2024 Feb 04||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1755|
|2024 Feb 10||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2250|
|2024 Feb 18||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1755|
|2024 Feb 24||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2250|
|2024 Mar 03||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1755|
|2024 Mar 09||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2250|
|2024 Mar 17||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1755|
|2024 Mar 23||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2250|
|2024 Mar 31||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1755|
|2024 Apr 06||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Antilles||Miami||$2250|
|2024 Apr 14||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1755|
|2024 Apr 20||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Charm||Miami||$1845|
|2024 Apr 26||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$1620|
|2024 May 01||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1620|
|2024 May 05||5 days, round-trip Riviera Maya||Miami||$1890|
|2024 May 10||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$1980|
|2024 May 15||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1620|
|2024 May 19||5 days, round-trip Mayan Sol||Miami||$1890|
|2024 May 24||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$2070|
|2024 May 29||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1665|
|2024 Jun 02||5 days, round-trip Riviera Maya||Miami||$1890|
|2024 Jun 07||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$2025|
|2024 Jun 12||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1665|
|2024 Jun 16||5 days, round-trip Mayan Sol||Miami||$1890|
|2024 Jun 21||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$2025|
|2024 Jun 26||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1665|
|2024 Jun 30||5 days, round-trip Riviera Maya||Miami||$1890|
|2024 Jul 05||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$2160|
|2024 Jul 10||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1710|
|2024 Jul 14||5 days, round-trip Mayan Sol||Miami||$1935|
|2024 Jul 19||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$2070|
|2024 Jul 24||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1710|
|2024 Jul 28||5 days, round-trip Riviera Maya||Miami||$1845|
|2024 Aug 02||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$2025|
|2024 Aug 07||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1665|
|2024 Aug 11||5 days, round-trip Mayan Sol||Miami||$1935|
|2024 Aug 16||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$1845|
|2024 Aug 21||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1530|
|2024 Aug 25||5 days, round-trip Riviera Maya||Miami||$1755|
|2024 Aug 30||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$1890|
|2024 Sep 04||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1485|
|2024 Sep 08||5 days, round-trip Mayan Sol||Miami||$1710|
|2024 Sep 13||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$1800|
|2024 Sep 18||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1485|
|2024 Sep 22||5 days, round-trip Riviera Maya||Miami||$1710|
|2024 Sep 27||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$1800|
|2024 Oct 02||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1485|
|2024 Oct 06||5 days, round-trip Mayan Sol||Miami||$1710|
|2024 Oct 11||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$1800|
|2024 Oct 16||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1485|
|2024 Oct 20||5 days, round-trip Riviera Maya||Miami||$1710|
|2024 Oct 25||5 days, round-trip Dominican Daze||Miami||$1800|
|2024 Oct 30||4 days, round-trip Fire Sunset Soirees||Miami||$1530|
Valiant Lady Review
Review of Valiant Lady
The 2021-built/2022-inaugurated MS Valiant Lady cruise ship is the second liner in the Virgin Voyages fleet. The vessel's name was officially announced on November 20, 2019. The ship is currently scheduled for inauguration in March 2022. The other three sisterships (same-designed boats) are Scarlet Lady (2020 February), Resilient Lady (2022 July) and Brilliant Lady (2023). The Valiant Lady ship is currently under construction at Fincantieri's Sestri Ponente Shipyard (near Genoa Italy).
These liners are known as "Lady Ships" - a play on "your ladyship" term regarding Virgin Group's British heritage. A number of renowned designers were chosen to create a new "cruise ship" style and "adult cruising" vacation concept. For ship's interior design, the Virgin cruise line contracted the marine architecture and naval design companies Roman and Williams (NYC), Concrete Amsterdam, Tom Dixon's Design Research Studio (London UK), Gem Srl (Italy), Softroom (London UK), WORKac (NYC), Knibb Design, HL Studio (UK), HKS Architects (Dallas USA), PearsonLloyd (London UK).
The shipowner Virgin Voyages (fka Virgin Cruises) is a new cruise line company headquartered in Plantation (Florida USA). Virgin Voyages was created in December 2014 as a joint venture between Virgin Group Ltd (UK-based multinational holding company, 49% stake) and Bain Capital LP (USA-based multi-asset investment company, 51% stake). Virgin is an adults-only cruise company (passengers' minimum age is 18) and officially starts operations in April 2020.
Decks and Cabins
MS Valiant Lady staterooms (a total of 1408 passenger cabins) include 78x Suites, 1030x Balconies, 95x Oceanviews and 105x Interiors. The entire staff and crew (total 1160 people) are accommodated in 813 cabins.
The boat has 17 decks, of which 13 are passenger-accessible and 9 with cabins.
In mid-January 2019, Virgin Voyages announced details on RockStar Suites. Staterooms were designed by Tom Dixon Design Research Studio (interior, product and design consultancy). All staterooms are "smart", with mood lighting and sensors auto-adjusting the lighting according to passenger's movements. The cruise ship has a total of 78 cabins in the category "RockStar Suite", including 15x "Mega RockStar Suites" (9x Gorgeous, 2x Posh, 2x Fab, 2x Massive). Most of them are on Deck 15, with the above Deck 16 housing one "RockStar Suite Sailor" (bow-facing Owner Suite).
The decor is music (rock-and-roll) themed, with a retro-futuristic design, a color palette of deep blues with iridescent dichroic elements in the cabin's bathroom. Massive Suite has a separate bedroom that doubles as a music room (fitted with electric guitars and an amplifier). The cabin's terrace (bow-facing) is fitted with a Jacuzzi, dining area (6-seat table with built-in stairs), lounge area (circular sofa with low table), padded sun loungers, 2 hammocks, outdoor shower, catamaran net (canopy partially covering the terrace), live plants. Keeping with the music theme, each of the 78 suites boasts a record player.
All categories RockStar Suites (SB-Brilliant, SG-Gorgeous, SP-Posh, SF-Fab, SM-Massive) have marble-clad bathrooms (with hot tub, premium brand bath products, rain-shower head, multi-colored dichroic glass doors and windows / Peek-a-Boo shower), Terrazzo flooring, Tom Dixon brand furniture, large mirrored vanity tables, modern L-shaped sofabeds (for 2), low tables, cabinets, 3-door wardrobe, large smart TV (55-inch), vinyl turntable (gold-plated player with a collection of records), complimentary full bar (nautically-themed barware kit), brass and leather finishing, chaise lounge chair (bedroom).
RockStar Suite passengers enjoy exclusive access to "Richard's Rooftop" (VIP club lounge located forward on Deck 16). RockStar Suites receive as perks (price-inclusive amenities and complimentary services) airport-ship transfer (via private drivers), priority helicopter arrangements, luggage assistance, private walk-down service (express VIP pathway) at Virgin Voyages Miami Cruise Terminal (upon arrival), anytime boarding, early access to special shipboard events, complimentary laundry service, clothing pressing, nightly swimsuit drying, RockStar Agents (dedicated butlers per stateroom), dedicated hair and makeup crew (upon request), complimentary Thermal Suite access (Redemption Spa), all-inclusive premium drinks (in all shipboard eateries and bars), personalized bottomless in-room bar (free of charge), option to curate in-port activities.
All Virgin cruise ship staterooms offer as standard amenities European King-size bed (premium linens, plush bedding), wall-mounted reading lamps, bedside tables, mirrored vanity table / writing desk with stool, large wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), 4K smart Ultra HDTV (with infotainment system), large balcony (with padded loungers, low table, 2-seat sofa, Yellow Leaf hammock, dining table / custom-designed champagne table fitting an ice bucket). Balcony access is via floor-ceiling sliding glass doors.
Every cabin is equipped with a custom-designed "seabed" and "mood lighting" which is familiar to customers of Virgin America (part of Alaska Airlines). Cabin lights automatically adjust according to passenger's movements. There are also staterooms suited for groups (each with 4 bunk beds) and single cabins (designed for solo travelers). Staterooms are divided into 21 categories. Balcony cabins have "sea terrace" (private, step-out veranda) and are serviced by "Rockstar Coordinators" (personal assistants), while "personal wardrobe teams" provide luggage packing and unpacking.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Dining on Virgin Voyages ships is ticket price-inclusive - no extra charges are applied to any of the 20-plus onboard dining options. The cruise company doesn't believe in "paying more for great food", so it ditched traditional surcharges levied in specialty restaurants. All eateries on Valiant Lady offer "exceptional made-to-order eats" - complimentary.
As part of the company's sustainable travel policy, Virgin Voyages banned single-use plastics and there is no buffet food on the ships. All shipboard food is made-to-order - to reduce waste and lower energy consumption and emissions. Savings are reinvested into fresh (locally sourced) top-quality products, exotic ingredients, highly trained staff, and clean technologies.
The company doesn't follow any traditional cruise dining concepts. Virgin ships don't have the main dining room, buffet restaurant, dress code (formal wear policy), assigned dining times or seating. All these concepts were replaced with intimate (boutique hotel-type) eateries offering 20+ dining options - all of which are included in cruise fares.
Follows the complete list of Valiant Lady restaurants and food bars.
- The Galley (main venue for casual dining and quick meals) is modeled on popular food halls. Here guests can taste food from various onboard restaurants via 8 shops and carts, including panini shop, bakery and pastry shop, a taco shack, noodle bar, a burger grill, a sushi bar with bento boxes, soup, and salad island, 24-hour American diner.
- The Test Kitchen (laboratory-like eatery with metallic furniture, beakers, test tubes) offers "avant-garde cuisine". It is a part restaurant, part cooking school. Chef-driven menus are presented in the form of ingredient list to guests to discover how the chef combines the flavors throughout the course of each meal.
- Wake (sized 5866 ft2 / 545 m2) is a steakhouse-seafood restaurant located aft and featuring views of the ship's wake. It serves "theatrical take" food inspired by The Grill-New York and The Wolseley-London.
- Geonbae (Korean barbecue restaurant) is "hosted by the loudest servers at sea". Meals start with complimentary soju (distilled beverage) for the table with guests encouraged to take part in Korean drinking games.
- Pink Agave (Mexican restaurant) provides shared plate experience with DJ music until late. It features porthole windows, metallic lighting fixtures, large tables, elongated curved area (intimate seating with 2-seat tables), separate bar (in the Lobby), private dining room (can be booked for parties and other private events).
- Extra Virgin (trattoria restaurant) serves traditional Italian food specialties, including handmade fresh pasta.
- Dock (sized 220 ft2 / 20.4 m2 beach club-inspired restaurant) offers Mediterranean cuisine with small plates, dips, mezze, salads. The Dock features wooden deck chairs, day beds, and loungers.
- The Pizza Place (beach club-inspired restaurant) offers complimentary oven-baked gourmet pizzas by the slice.
- Razzle Dazzle is the vegan-vegetarian restaurant. Part of Razzle Dazzle Restaurant is the Red Bar - juice bar offering fresh-squeezed juices and tonics, as well as crafted cocktails from a menu that varies every night. In two days per cruise, at Razzle Dazzle is hosted Drag Brunch featuring live entertainment by "sassy drag queens". Considered one of the ship's most energetic spots, Razzle Dazzle gets its design and name from the practice of camouflaging vessels during both World Wars via patterns of black and white paint.
- Sun Club Cafe - Outdoor Eatery
- The Sip is the ship's wine bar lounge (Virgin's champagne house) where along with a selection of premium wines can be enjoyed traditional British Afternoon Tea service.
Virgin cruise ship passengers (Sailors) are offered complimentary water (filtered and sparkling) at all onboard bars and dining venues. Throughout the ship, there are also complimentary water stations.
Via the Sailor App (when your phone is shaken) a secret "Champagne button" allows Sailors to order Moet-Chandon Champagne (Brut Imperial, 750 ml bottle) delivered in an ice bucket and with two glasses. The service is called "Shake for Champagne" and provided anywhere on the ship.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Each Virgin ship features 93% oceanview cabins and 86% balconied staterooms (called "sea terraces"), casino, several live entertainment venues (similar to traditional theatre lounges).
Ship's signature venues include:
- Athletic Club (training center) is an outdoor gym area (with a boxing ring and gym club equipment) located top-deck aft. Part of the Sports Deck is also the raised jogging track (Runway track, red-white colored), sundeck with open-air lounge (furnished with double daybeds and semi-circular loungers), triple netting area (220 ft2 / 20.4 m2 overlooking below decks), 10 private cabanas (cushioned bed, low table, 2 lounge chairs), beverage service (from the outdoor Sports Bar), foosball tables, swimming pool, showers. The Athletic Club was designed by Concrete Amsterdam and inspired by New York City's sports clubs in the 1920s.
- Sun Club - Sun Worship Sanctuary
- MyBeast is an outdoor playground / poolside gym area.
- The Crow's Nest (aft sundeck) offers 360-degree views and is furnished with loungers and mats colored in Virgin's signature red. Here are also hosted sunrise and sunset outdoor yoga classes.
- The B Complex is an indoor fitness center with Technogym ARTIS equipment, floor-ceiling windows and separate rooms (studios) for cycling, yoga, cardio and spinning classes.
- Gym and Tonic Bar serves cold-pressed fresh juices.
- Aquatic Club Sundeck - Poolside Oasis and Aquatic Club Bar.
- Two Pools (including the Well-being Pool - ship's main pool surrounded by an adult playground and fitness apparatus named MyBeast).
- The Manor is the ship's 2-deck high Disco Nightclub with a large dance floor. The NYC-based design studio Roman and Williams designed the ballroom (The Manor), which is a venue for innovative entertainment, dancing, music, and fun, destined to be one of the most exciting spots onboard. The Manor Nightclub was inspired by Richard Branson's first Virgin music studio of the same name and has been expertly outfitted with platforms, corners, and details that make it both somewhere to see and to be seen.
- The Dock is an outdoor lounge (aft on Deck 7) with cushioned wooden furniture (loungers, deckchairs, daybeds).
- Richard's Rooftop is a top-deck VIP area (Suite passengers only sundeck) furnished with daybeds, deckchairs, circular loungers, large umbrellas, colored crystals. Named after the company's founder Richard Branson, it has a futuristic feel with giant umbrellas, circular loungers, and accents of colored crystals that cast rainbow reflections.
- "Ministry of Ground" and "Ministry of Ground Too" are specialty coffee bars serving Intelligentsia coffee (Virgin Voyages Blend) and made-to-order beverages made by expert baristas. Ministry of Ground (designed by Softroom of London) is located midship on Deck 7 (in The Galley food market) and features round-shaped/porthole-type large windows with window seats, purple and aquamarine hues for seating, comfy loungers and modern tables. In addition to the hand-crafted Intelligentsia Coffee brews, passengers receive complimentary cakes and light bites. Retail items (bags of Intelligentsia Coffee and JoJo loose-leaf teas, kettles, coffee cups, and others) are available for purchase.
- Redemption is the ship's Spa complex (on Deck 5) consisting of Reception, Mud Room, Salt Room, Hydrotherapy Pool, cold plunge pool, Jacuzzi, Thermal Suite (indoor spa with porthole windows, plunge pool and Jacuzzi), treatment rooms (for massages and treatments) with quartz-mattress beds, Dry Dock Salon (hairdressing services), Stubble and Groom (barbershop), Blow Dry Bar, Male pedicure Spa, Mani-pedi Spa. At night, the wellness complex transforms into a dancing lounge with live DJ music.
- The Scene Event Space
- Squid Ink is a tattoo studio via a partnership with World Famous Tattoo Ink. The facility is operated by two full-time tattoo artists (handpicked by Lou Rubino Jr) plus celebrity artists. All tattoos are created by using original vegan ink. Other services at Squid Ink include body piercings and permanent makeup treatments (using certified vegan Perma Blend pigments).
- The Red Room was designed by theatre consultants Auerbach Pollock Friedlander and renowned architects WorkAC as the first-ever transformational multi-form theatre at sea. The Red Room transforms into 4 different configurations: an alley stage used in fashion shows, a traditional Proscenium stage, a dance flat-floor configuration, and a unique reverse stage setup. The first at-sea theatre enables the cruise line to create different experiences for each day of the cruise. Valiant Lady offers 6 original shows that include production by Randy Weiner (The Donkey Show, Queen of the Night, Sleep No More).
- The Groupie (privately bookable karaoke room/for sing-alongs) also doubles as Cinema and VIP Casino (gaming lounge).
- The Den Flex Event Space
- Local DJ celebrities perform live onboard Valiant Lady at all ports of call.
- Voyage Vinyl (record store) features listening stations, record collections and a DJ spot for live performances (by resident and guest DJs).
- "JLo Beauty" is an onboard shop selling skincare products of Jennifer Lopez's brand "JLo Beauty & Lifestyle".
- Draught Haus (on deck 7, adjacent to Voyage Vinyl) is the ship's taproom - an exclusive bar serving craft beers.
Draught Haus offers 8 different draft beers, also boilermakers (beer cocktails), bottled craft beers, shots, shot-cocktails. The bar also provides growler/jug service that allows passengers to take their drinks throughout the ship (public spaces and in cabins). The beerhouse features themed furniture, rustic decor, a beer tap display (behind the bar).
Onboard MS Valiant Lady is served Virgin's own brand of craft beer (English Pale Ale) created by Wynwood Brewing Company (Miami). For the new "Virgin cruise beer" is used English yeast and American malts and hops.
Virgin cruise deals
In regard to onboard gratuities, the company has "No Tipping" policy, which means all gratuities are included in the base cruise fares. Also included in basic fares are beverages, all eateries, group fitness classes. The company also doesn't charge penalties or change fees. Customers are able to hold staterooms for 24 hours with no money down once they've placed a 20% non-refundable deposit. They also have a 7-day grace period allowing them to change bookings for any reason. Cruise departure date and names on bookings can be changed without fees or penalties.
In February 2019), Virgin announced all-inclusive deal policy by which cruises are sold "by cabin price". Fares are also inclusive of dining (shipwide / 20 options, some 24-hours), unlimited WiFi, all fitness classes. Cabin pricing only varies by the number of occupants. For 5-day itineraries, fares start from ~USD 250 pp per day (excluding taxes-fees).
Valiant Lady's inaugural season (2021) was based on 7-day Western Mediterranean roundtrips from homeport Barcelona Spain. The 7-day itineraries (Sunday departures) had overnights in large port cities in France, Italy, and Spain. Bookings opened on December 19, 2019.
- On November 12, 2019, Richard Branson announced that the second Virgin ship (Valiant Lady) will be seasonally homeported in Sydney (NSW Australia). Branson was in Sydney to launch a partnership between Virgin Australia Airlines and Virgin Voyages and promote affordable Australia-Caribbean fly-cruise deals on Scarlet Lady.
- In mid-September 2020, Virgin expanded Valiant Lady's inaugural itinerary program with longer (6- and 8-night) Caribbean roundtrips from PortMiami (Florida USA). Also were added two Transatlantic repositioning crossings (RepositionCruises.com) - 15-night westbound (Barcelona-Miami) and 14-night eastbound (Miami-Barcelona).
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus crisis, in mid-December 2020 Virgin rescheduled Valiant ship's Maiden Voyage from May 2, 2021 (7-day "The Irresistible Med" from Barcelona) to November 14, 2021 (6-day "Western Caribbean Charm" from Miami). A total of 26x itineraries were canceled, which affected the entire Mediterranean 2021 program.
In July 2021 Virgin rescheduled/postponed the inaugural season and announced new Valiant Lady cruises (for 2022 Spring) leaving from homeport Portsmouth England. The mini-season (March 18 thru May 14, 2022) had 3 new roundtrip itineraries.
- 3-night "Long Weekender" to Belgium (Zeebrugge/Bruges)
- 11-night "Coast the Canary Islands, Spain and Portugal"/UK to Iberia
- 12-night "Late Nights in Portugal and Spain"/UK to Iberia
- Late-night / overnight port stays were planned for Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, the Canaries, Lisbon, Zeebrugge.
- Bookings opened on July 22, 2021.
- The Maiden Voyage was rescheduled for March 18, 2022 (3-night roundtrip from Portsmouth to Zeebrugge).
Valiant Lady's Caribbean itinerary program is based on homeporting in Miami and roundtrips themed as "Western Caribbean Charm" (6-night, visiting Honduras' Coxen Hole/Isla Roatan, Mexico's Costa Maya, and The Bahamas' Resorts World Bimini) and "Eastern Caribbean and Antilles" (8-night, with call ports Puerto Plata Dominicana, San Juan Puerto Rico, Frederiksted St Croix USVI, and North Bimini Bahamas).
Valiant Lady - user reviews and comments
Photos of Valiant LadyAdd Photo
Valiant Lady ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
On the white sands of Virgin Voyages' Beach Club in Bimini, a total of 457 Sailors gathered in vibrant mermaid tails, setting the Guinness World...November 9, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Richard Branson’s cruise line brand Virgin Voyages is welcoming its second ship - Valiant Lady, to homeport Miami Florida USA, marking another...October 26, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Virgin Voyages’ second ship, Valiant Lady, is currently en route from Europe to the USA for the first time. The liner set sail on Sunday...October 18, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Virgin Voyages is introducing its first-ever Eat & Drink Month. Partnering with top names in food & beverage, including Michelin star chefs...October 15, 2022
- Cruise Industry
In line with other major cruise shipping companies, Virgin Voyages will also drop its COVID-vaccination requirement fleetwide. The company's Voyage...September 15, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Virgin Voyages announced it had closed on USD 550 million (~GBP 455M) in new capital raise in order to support its growth. The new funding was led...August 17, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Virgin Voyages' cruise ship Valiant Lady will be home to the next episodes of ABC's hit romantic reality show, “The Bachelorette,&rdquo...July 27, 2022
- Cruise Industry
In response to the conclusion of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-CDC’s voluntary program, Virgin Voyages announced it will...July 22, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The singer and actress Jennifer Lopez and Richard Branson's Virgin Voyages are offering Sailors/passengers "the trip of a lifetime," giving away a...June 2, 2022
- Cruise Industry
On Sunday, May 15, Virgin Voyages' 2nd ladyship - Valiant Lady, left for Barcelona (Spain) on her "MerMaiden Mediterranean" voyage. The founder of...May 17, 2022
- show more news
Other Virgin Voyages cruise ships
Valiant Lady Wiki
On July 20, 2018, started the Valiant Lady ship's construction (Fincantieri yard/hull number 6288) with the steel-cutting ceremony held at Sestri Ponente Shipyard, near Genoa). Earlier on the same day, the drydock was flooded and 2 large preassembled hull sections of Scarlet Lady were floated out and connected.
Next timelapse video shows part of Fincantieri's Virgin ship construction (block assembly) process.
For Valiant Lady, the shipbuilder contracted De Wave Group for the new ship's interior outfitting.
- De Wave Group (Genoa-based manufacturing company) specializes in newbuild cruise ships and yachts interior outfitting. The company was formed via merger of three companies - De Wave (cabins and wet units), Precetti (catering areas) and Spencer Contract (public areas).
- On Valiant Lady, De Wave Group manufactured and supplied Area VI (Family Pool), Area VII (Open Deck), all passenger and crew cabins' Wet Units.
On May 20, 2020, Valiant Lady was floated-out from drydock and moved to Sestri Ponte Yard's outfitting berth. The vessel's assembly started in March 2019. Its float-out was originally scheduled for March 20th. However, because of the Coronavirus pandemic, the shipbuilder Fincantieri temporarily (for ~2 months) suspended works at all its European facilities, which resulted in delayed delivery (to Virgin Group) and cancelled inaugural cruises.
The cruise ship was delivered (by Fincantieri to Virgin Group) on July 1, 2021. Valiant Lady's hull art was created by Hillary Wilson (Boston MA-based artist/illustrator and visual storyteller best known for her dynamic art and medical drawings). The bow art design features a mermaid resembling a modern black American woman with authentic features.
Virgin ship technology
Virgin cruise ships are with passenger capacity 2750 (plus 1150 crew), GT tonnage 110,000 tons, ABB Azipod XO propulsion system (electric drive motors with off-hull submerged azimuth thrusters / 360--degree rotating propellers). These units provide the best maneuverability (allowing in-port navigation without tug assistance) and minimal vibrations/noise. By placing the propulsion units outside the hull, the Azipod system frees up space for more lower-deck staterooms. ABB Ability technology is based on a network using real-time data transferred to remote centers monitoring and analyzing the propulsion system data and also offering remote technical support.
These vessels stand out with innovative design ideas and solutions, as well as the latest marine technologies for energy recovery and environmental impact reduction. The cleaning energy system was provided by the Swedish company Climeon Ocean. The technology allows reducing CO2 emissions by converting diesel engines' generated heat into electricity (capacity approx 1 MW) for onboard use. Each of the Virgin liners has 6 such units, saving annually approx 5400 tons of CO2. The waste processing system was provided by Scanship.
Wartsila (Finnish marine technologies corporation / former shipbuilder) was contracted to provide ships' powerplants. Each liner is powered by two 8-cylinder plus two 12-cylinder "Wartsila 46F" marine diesel engines. Wartsila's Hybrid Scrubber System operates in both open and closed-loop and uses seawater to remove SOx from the vessel's exhaust, also significantly reducing NOx emissions. The Wartsila-made navigation and automation control systems are from the company's latest NACOS Platinum series.
Alternative power is provided by 4-stroke engines powering the 4 electricity gen-sets, each equipped with TPL-C turbochargers (by ABB).
In February 2020 Virgin announced "The Band" - smart wearable technology introduced on Scarlet Lady (April 1st). The device is made from recycled marine plastic (sustainability initiative) and developed via partnership with The Bionic Company. The lightweight device (RFID wristband) is mailed to all passengers and is complimentary (keepsake). The Band is activated upon boarding the ship and used for onboard purchases and payments (beverages, Casino gaming), booking tours, cabin access (room key), room service ordering (points guest's current location), VIP pass (for Richard's Rooftop).
Inaugural itineraries 2022
MS Valiant Lady was originally scheduled for inauguration in May 2021, but due to the COVID crisis, Virgin's plans were postponed and revised several times.
Next tables show the ship's inaugural itineraries (by region/destination and homeport) with lowest prices per person (inside cabin with double occupancy).
(MAIDEN VOYAGE) 3-day "Long Weekender In Zeebrugge" itinerary ($1282)
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Mar 19:00||Departing from Portsmouth, England|
|19 Mar 09:00 - 20 Mar 12:00 (overnight)||Zeebrugge-Bruges, Belgium|
|21 Mar 06:30||Arriving in Portsmouth|
(UK-Mediterranean repositioning) 12-day from Portsmouth to Barcelona ($4860)
|Date / Time||Port|
|02 May 19:00||Departing from Portsmouth|
|04 May 09:00 - 18:00||La Coruna, Spain Galicia|
|05 May 16:00 - 06 May 14:00 (overnight)||Lisbon, Portugal|
|07 May 09:00 - 18:00||Cadiz-Sevilla, Spain|
|08 May 09:00 - 18:00||Gibraltar UK|
|09 May 09:00 - 10 May 15:00 (overnight)||Malaga, Spain Granada|
|12 May 09:00 - 23:59||Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Island, Balearic Spain|
|14 May 06:30||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain|
(inaugural Mediterranean/"Mediterranean MerMaiden") 7-day "The Irresistible Med" itinerary ($1200). The "Mediterranean MerMaiden" voyage was attended by Richard Branson (Virgin Group's Founder), Tom McAlpin (President) and Nirmal Saverimuttu (CEO).
|Date / Time||Port|
|15 May 18:00||Departing from Barcelona|
|16 May 08:30 - 18:00||Toulon, France|
|17 May 08:00 - 20:00||Marina di Carrara, Italy|
|18 May 08:00 - 18:00||Ajaccio, Corsica France|
|19 May 09:00 - 18:00||Cagliari, Sardinia Italy|
|20 May 18:00 - 21 May 18:00 (overnight)||Ibiza Town, Ibiza Island, Balearic Spain|
|22 May 06:30||Arriving in Barcelona|
7-day "French Daze and Ibiza" itinerary ($2700)
|Date / Time||Port|
|22 May 18:00||Departing from Barcelona|
|23 May 08:00 - 20:00||Marseille, France|
|24 May 08:00 - 25 May 14:00 (overnight)||Cannes, France|
|26 May 08:00 - 18:00||Olbia, Sardinia Italy|
|27 May 19:00 - 28 May 18:00 (overnight)||Ibiza|
|29 May 06:30||Arriving in Barcelona|
7-day "Spanish Obsession" itinerary ($2835)
|Date / Time||Port|
|05 Jun 18:00||Departing from Barcelona|
|06 Jun 08:00 - 18:00||Palma de Mallorca|
|08 Jun 08:00 - 22:00||Gibraltar|
|09 Jun 08:00 - 20:00||Malaga|
|10 Jun 19:00 - 11 Jun 18:00 (overnight)||Ibiza|
|12 Jun 06:30||Arriving in Barcelona|
(inaugural Transatlantic crossing) 14-day westbound from Barcelona to Miami ($2295)
|Date / Time||Port|
|16 Oct 18:00||Departing from Barcelona|
|17 Oct 08:00 - 19:00||Ibiza|
|18 Oct 16:30 - 19 Oct 19:00 (overnight)||Malaga|
|21 Oct 08:00 - 20:00||Funchal, Madeira|
|30 Oct 06:30||Arriving in Miami, Florida USA|
(inaugural Caribbean cruise) 6-day "Western Caribbean Charm" itinerary ($1935)
|Date / Time||Port|
|30 Oct 19:00||Departing from Miami|
|01 Nov 09:00 - 22:00||Coxen Hole, Roatan Island, Honduras|
|02 Nov 10:00 - 19:00||Costa Maya, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya|
|04 Nov 10:00 - 22:00||Bimini Islands, Resorts World Bimini Bahamas|
|05 Nov 06:30||Arriving in Miami|
8-day "Eastern Caribbean and Antilles" itinerary ($2610)
|Date / Time||Port|
|05 Nov 19:00||Departing from Miami|
|07 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Puerto Plata, Dominicana|
|08 Nov 11:00 - 23:59||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|09 Nov 08:00 - 19:00||Frederiksted, St Croix Island USVI|
|12 Nov 09:00 - 22:00||Bimini Bahamas|
|13 Nov 06:30||Arriving in Miami|
Inaugural itineraries 2021 (canceled)
The ship's inaugural 2021 season was based on 7-day Western Mediterranean roundtrips out of homeport Barcelona (Sunday departures). Bookings were opened on December 19, 2019.
However, on December 10, 2020, Virgin canceled all Valiant Lady cruises in Europe - between May 2nd and/including October 24, 2021. The Maiden Voyage was rescheduled from May 2 (7-day "The Irresistible Med" from Barcelona) to November 14 (6-day "Western Caribbean Charm" from Miami). The cancellation affected 26 itineraries (the entire Mediterranean 2021 program).
- 7-day "The Irresistible Med" - dates May 2-23, June 6-27, July 11, August 1-15, September 5-19, October 10
- 7-day "French Daze Ibiza" - dates May 9-30, June 13, July 7-18, August 8-22, September 12-26, October 17
- 7-day "Spanish Obsession" - dates May 16, June 20, July 25, August 29, October 3
- The 15-day Transatlantic repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Miami (October 24 through November 8) was also canceled.
Next tables show the canceled Mediterranean itineraries (by theme) with prices in USD per person (Interior cabin rates with double occupancy).
7-day Maiden Voyage ("The Irresistible Med" itinerary) - from $4050 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|02 May 18:00||Departing from Barcelona|
|03 May 08:30||Toulon, France|
|04 May 08:00||Carrara, Italy|
|05 May 08:00||Ajaccio, Corsica France|
|06 May 09:00||Cagliari, Sardinia Italy|
|07 May 18:00 - 08 May||Ibiza Town, Ibiza Island, Balearic Spain|
|09 May 06:30||Arriving in Barcelona|
7-day "French Daze and Ibiza" itinerary - from $3850 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|09 May 18:00||Departing from Barcelona|
|10 May 08:00||Marseille, France|
|11 May 08:00 - 12 May||Monte Carlo, Monaco|
|13 May 08:00||Olbia, Sardinia Italy|
|14 May 19:00 - 15 May||Ibiza Island, Spain|
|16 May 06:30||Arriving in Barcelona|
7-day "Spanish Obsession" itinerary - from $3850 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|16 May 18:00||Departing from Barcelona|
|17 May 08:00||Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Island, Balearic Spain|
|18 May 16:30 - 19 May||Malaga, Spain|
|20 May 08:00||Gibraltar, UK|
|21 May 19:00 - 22 May||Ibiza Island, Spain|
|23 May 06:30||Arriving in Barcelona|
15-day Transatlantic repositioning crossing - from $2700 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|24 Oct 18:00||Departing from Barcelona|
|25 Oct 08:00||Ibiza Island, Spain|
|26 Oct 16:30 - 27 Oct||Malaga, Spain|
|28 Oct 08:00||Cadiz-Sevilla, Spain|
|30 Oct 08:00||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|08 Nov 06:30||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
The next tables show the rescheduled Maiden Voyage and Caribbean itineraries (by theme) in 2021.
(MAIDEN VOYAGE 2021/canceled) 6-day "Western Caribbean Charm" itinerary - from $2160 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|14 Nov 19:00||Departing from Miami|
|16 Nov 09:00||Coxen Hole, Roatan Honduras|
|17 Nov 10:00||Costa Maya, Mexico|
|19 Nov 10:00||Bimini Bahamas|
|20 Nov 06:30||Arriving in Miami|
Virgin Cruises' private island resort "Bimini Beach Club" (Bahamas)
The liner Scarlet Lady was the first cruise ship to stop at "Bimini Beach Club" (Virgin Group's private island resort in Bimini Bahamas). The exclusive destination allows Virgin's Sailors (passengers) to enjoy world-class entertainment from a rotating cast of DJs led by Mark Ronson.
Virgin's Bimini Beach Club offers premium food with locally sourced ingredients and traditional Bahamian favourites like banana leaf-wrapped queen snapper, conch and mango salad, Bahamian rum cake. The complex has 6 bars, outdoor lounge areas with hammock groves, beach loungers, watersport activities, (optional/at extra cost) private poolside and beach-side cabanas for rent.
RockStar Suite passengers benefit from complimentary food service, exclusive bar and outdoor terrace lounge, VIP beach cabanas. The 7-mile (11-km) long island offers extraordinary activities like boating, snorkeling, wreck diving. The partially sunk wreck of SS Sapona (concrete-hulled steamship that ran aground in 1926) is located just a few miles off island's southern coast.
Virgin's private resort is located on North Bimini Island and at a short bus transfer from the docking pier. It was built via a partnership with Resorts World Bimini. This is a 750-acres (3 km2 / 1,2 mi2) beachfront resort-casino-marina-hotel complex operated by Genting Group (Malaysia-based multinational corporation). North Bimini is approx 68 km (42 mi) east of Miami. Resort's estimated building cost is USD 220 million.
Virgin's Bimini Beach Club overlooks the sea and features a large lagoon-style swimming pool. The "resort experience" also features morning open-air exercises (yoga and meditation), afternoon DJ poolside parties, night beach bonfires and live musical performances.