P&O Australia cancels cruises through mid-June

   February 19, 2021 ,   Cruise Industry

P&O Cruises Australia announced it is maintaining its optimism for the restart of cruising while, in the meantime, once again taking a practical approach in extending its operational pause to departures on/before June 18, 2021.

According to the company, passengers with bookings affected by the pause extension were given as much notice as possible in order to provide them with greater certainty around their vacation plans.

Pacific Explorer cruise ship

P&O Australia's President Sture Myrmell said:

“While we are becoming increasingly confident in the restart of cruising in Australia, we are continuing with the realistic and pragmatic approach we have adopted previously.

“We know from our contact with guests and through our social media channels that they, like us, can’t wait to be cruising again and our crew can’t wait to again be delivering exceptional cruise holiday experiences.

“We once again thank our guests for their patience and understanding and for their unwavering loyalty to Australia’s homegrown cruise line.”

P&O said it would make contact with passengers whose cruises had been affected, either directly or via the appointed travel agent, to let them know of the extension and the options available.

P&O Australia's current fleet includes 3 former Princess Cruises boats - Pacific Adventure (ex Golden Princess), Pacific Explorer (ex Dawn Princess) and Pacific Encounter (ex Star Princess).

This website uses cookies and local storage. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies and local storage.