AIDA Cruises announced that bookings are open for AIDAcosma's voyages over Christmas and New Year's Eve, with the ship embarking on December 22, 2021, on a repositioning cruise from Hamburg Germany to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Canary Islands.
Passengers will experience New Year's Eve while in the harbor of Madeira with a view of its world-famous fireworks display. The sailings can be combined for an extended trip in the travel period December 22, 2021-January 8, 2022.
The line also opened bookings for AIDAperla's new Mediterranean cruises in summer 2021. From July 10 through October 30, 2021, a pair of different 7-day sailings from/to Palma de Mallorca (Majorca Island, Balearic Spain) are on the programme. Ports of call include Cadiz, Cartagena, Malaga, Alicante, Ibiza, Valencia, Barcelona. Another highlight is the passage of the Strait of Gibraltar.
AIDA has already been offering cruises since March 2021. The following options can be booked for the 2021 summer season (including B2Bs):
- 7- / 14-day Canary Islands on AIDAperla from/to Gran Canaria, until July
- 7- / 14-day Greek cruises on AIDAblu round-trip from/to Corfu, May through October
- 3-, 4- / 7-day cruises on AIDAsol from/to Kiel, May through June and from/to Warnemunde during July
- 7-day cruises on AIDAprima from/to Kiel, July through October
- 7-day Mediterranean cruises on AIDAperla from/to Palma de Mallorca, July through October.
Cruises to other destinations are not possible at the moment, the cruise line said. As a result, all other voyages with a departure date between June 12-July 7, 2021, had to be canceled.
Guests booked on impacted sailings and their travel advisors are being notified.