- Devil Island has a total area of just 1,3 km2 (0,5 ml2), length of 2 km (1,2 ml) and is characterised by low hills rising to a highest elevation point 150 m (492 ft).
- This Antarctic island is an Important Bird Area (IBA) as officially identified by BirdLife International (global partnership of conservation organisations) due to the isle's large breeding colony of over 30,000 Adelie penguins. The fauna also includes nesting seabirds - brown skuas (aka Antarctic skua) and snow petrels.
The island has several famous namesakes, located in:
- Ontario Canada - Devil's Island (on Lake Temagami)
- Nova Scotia Canada - Devils Island
- French Guiana - Devil's Island (Ile du Diable), the Cayenne penal colony
- Wisconsin USA - Devils Island (Apostle Islands)
CruiseMapper currently has no ship schedule for Port Devil Island (Antarctica)