Holland is a river port city in Michigan USA, located in the state's western part. Holland MI is on Lake Macatawa and close to Lake Michigan's eastern shore. Lake Macatawa is fed by Macatawa River (aka Black River). The city covers a total area of approx 45 km2 (17 ml2) and has population around 33,000. Holland MI is part of Grand Rapids-Holland-Muskegon metro area (total population around 1,45 million) with its largest city Grand Rapids (urban population around 570,000).
- The city spans Ottawa-Allegan county line, with a territory of 24 km2 (9 ml2) in Ottawa and the remaining 21 km2 (8 ml2) in Allegan.
- Holland MI is the biggest city in Ottawa County and is part of Grand Rapids-Wyoming-Muskegon metro area (with population of over 1 million). The city was established in 1847 by Dutch Americans.
- Here are the Western Theological Seminary and Hope College, both RCA institutions (abbrev for "Reformed Church in America").
- The city is best known among tourists with the world's largest pickle factory. The Heinz Company has operated the pickle factory since 1897. Currently, During green season, the plant processes over 0,5 million tons of pickles per day.
- Holland Museum is the city's history museum. Cappon House Museum (since 1874) is another historic museum which once housed Holland's first mayor. Settlers House Museum contains relics and furnishings from the 19th Century.
- Scattered along the town's shoreline are plenty of public beaches. The most popular are named Tunnel Park and Holland State Park. Smaller beaches along Lake Michigan are not well marked.
- Each May, the city of Holland hosts the annual event "Tulip Time Festival". The festival (and tulip planting) began in 1930 when a total of 250,000 tulips were set for the event. Currently, there are around 6 million tulips throughout the city.
- Holland MI is often visited as port of call by US river cruise ships based in the Great Lakes region.
The Holland cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Holland, Muskegon, Michigan.
If you lose the Holland location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.