Nikopol is a Danube River cruise port town and administrative center of Nikopol municipality, Pleven Province, Bulgaria, located on the right bank of the Danube, 4 km (2 ml) downstream from the mouth of Osam river. The town has a population of around 3,900 people (2009 census).
- Nikopol lies at the foot of steep chalk cliffs and up a narrow valley along the Danube. The town was partially flooded by the river during the European floods of 2006, and is currently working on new infrastructure to manage Danube's fluctuations.
- The completion of the car ferry in 2010 linked the town to Turnu Magurele across Danube River in Romania, urging local development, such as the opening of town’s first hotel and new restaurants.
- Nikopol serves as a port for tourist boats. Visitors are able to stop and take a bus into nearby Pleven city, or spend the afternoon in the town of Nikopol.
- The 5th-largest nature park in Bulgaria, called Persina Natural Park, is partially situated in Nikopol. It is the only natural park in Bulgaria on Danube River, and features marshlands, more than 200 species of birds, nearly 480 species of plants, as well as 1,100 species of animals. Persina Natural Park was declared a Ramsar site, based on its uniqueness and importance.
- Tourist attractions in the town of Nikopol include the ruins of a medieval fortress, richly decorated 13th-century Church of St Peter and Paul, rock-hewn Church of St Stephen, Bulgarian National Revival Church of Dormition of the Mother of God (1840), Vasil Levski museum house and Elia water fountain with immured Ancient Roman gravestone that features an epitaph.
Highlights: Ruined fortress,
The Nikopol cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Nikopol, Bulgaria.
If you lose the Nikopol location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Nikopol cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Nikopol, Bulgaria. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
27 July, 2017
28 July, 2017