MS Anna Katharina current position
Specifications of MS Anna Katharina
|Year built||2019 / Age: 3|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards Zasavica (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Operator||Phoenix Reisen Flusskreuzfahrten|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||MS Anesha, MS MS Annabelle, MS Annika|
MS Anna Katharina Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Dec 23||10 days, round-trip Rhine||Dusseldorf|
|2022 Mar 29||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne|
|2022 Apr 03||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne||$629|
|2022 Apr 08||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne|
|2022 Apr 13||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne|
|2022 Apr 18||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne||$751|
|2022 Apr 23||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne||$751|
|2022 Apr 28||10 days, one-way from Cologne to Passau||Cologne||$1697|
|2022 May 08||16 days, round-trip Danube||Passau||$2911|
|2022 May 24||16 days, round-trip Danube||Passau||$2911|
|2022 Jun 09||16 days, round-trip Danube||Passau||$3032|
|2022 Jun 25||16 days, round-trip Danube||Passau||$2911|
|2022 Jul 11||16 days, round-trip Danube||Passau||$2911|
|2022 Jul 27||16 days, round-trip Danube||Passau||$2911|
|2022 Aug 12||16 days, round-trip Danube||Passau||$2911|
|2022 Aug 28||10 days, one-way from Passau to Cologne||Passau||$1576|
|2022 Sep 14||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne|
|2022 Sep 19||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne||$872|
|2022 Sep 24||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne||$751|
|2022 Sep 29||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne||$751|
|2022 Oct 04||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne|
|2022 Oct 09||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne|
|2022 Oct 14||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne|
|2022 Oct 19||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne|
|2022 Oct 24||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne||$629|
|2022 Oct 29||5 days, round-trip Rhine||Cologne||$629|
MS Anna Katharina Review
Review of MS Anna Katharina
The 2019-built MS Anna Katharina cruise ship operates itineraries in Europe, on the rivers Main, Rhine and Moselle (in 2019) and on Danube River (since 2020). Departures are offered from Germany (homeports Koln/Cologne, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt). The vessel is owned by the Swiss company Scylla AG (Basel-based) and operated under charter by Phoenix Reisen Flusskreuzfahrten ("river cruises").
Anna Katharina's sisterships are the same-designed riverboats and fleetmates Anesha (2015), Annabelle (2020), Annika (2020). Traditionally, all Phoenix Reisen cruise ships have names starting with the letter "A". The German cruisetour company Phoenix Reisen was established in 1973 and started passenger shipping operations in 1988 with the charter of MV Maxim Gorky (Russian ocean liner 1969-built/2009-scrapped). In 1993, Phoenix Travel started to offer river cruises in Europe via the brand "Phoenix Reisen Flusskreuzfahrten".
Decks and Cabins
MS Anna Katharina staterooms (90 total, in 9 grades) accommodate 184 passengers on 3 decks (out of 4). All cabins are outside (including 74x French Balcony), tastefully decorated, with modern and comfortable furniture. As standard amenities, all passenger staterooms offer hotel twin beds (convertible to a double bed/Queen-size), wall-mounted reading lamps, LED ceiling lights, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, single-sink vanity, large backlit LED mirror, towels, bath toiletries), 40-inch smart HDTV (satellite reception, infotainment system, bow camera real-time views), mini-bar/refrigerator, Nespresso coffee machine, round glass-top table with 2 armchairs, mirrored dressing table (writing desk with an armchair), wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), hairdryer, direct-dial phone, radio, individual air-conditioning, evening turndown service.
Cabins on decks Orion and Saturn are with French balconies (sliding floor-ceiling glass doors open to a railing / false balcony). All cabins on Neptun Deck (deck 1) are with two fixed (non-opening) windows located near the ceiling (at water level). Most cabins are with double-occupancy and equally sized (17 m2 / 185 ft2), only the Suites are larger (19 m2 / 200 ft2) and with triple occupancy.
Cabin categories include:
- Twin Outside Single (category H, Neptune Deck)
- Twin Outside (category B, Neptune Deck-aft)
- Twin Outside (category C, Neptune Deck)
- Triple Outside with French Balcony (category A, Saturn Deck)
- Twin Outside with French Balcony (category D, Saturn Deck)
- Twin Outside with French Balcony (category E, Orion Deck)
- Twin Suite with French Balcony (category F, Saturn Deck)
- Twin Suite with French Balcony (category G, Orion Deck)
- Twin Outside Single with French Balcony (single-occupancy cabin category I, Saturn Deck)
MS Anna Katharina has 4 passenger decks, Panorama Restaurant "Vier Jahreszeiten" ("Four Seasons" Dining Room), Lido Specialty Restaurant (Orion deck), Barbecue (a-la-carte Restaurant/Steakhouse/Bistro & Bar with an outdoor Lido Terrace), Panorama Lounge with Bar, Foyer (lobby area with Reception Desk and Tour Desk / Cruise Director's Office), small Boutique Shop, Library, Lift (passenger elevator connecting all cabin decks). In addition, the vessel has a wellness complex with Spa (massage room, indoor Jacuzzi/whirlpool hot tub), Steam Room, Sauna Room, Gym Room (with modern fitness equipment), Sundeck with games area (shuffleboard and mini-golf putting green). The large sundeck has shaded seating areas (covered by 5x retractable awnings, with deckchairs and tables), sunbathing areas (with loungers and low tables), an outdoor swimming pool.
Shipboard entertainment options include playing cards, popular board games, bingo, trivia quizzes, dancing and live music performances (at the Bar Lounge), themed quiz and dance nights, daily lectures with media presentations (itinerary-based), port talks, language lessons, cooking demos. Laundry service is provided at extra charge. Wireless LAN (WLAN) is available but also costs extra. The onboard language is German (some crew also speak English), the ship's currency is EUR. Girocard, VISA and MasterCard are accepted for onboard payments. Smoking is permitted only on the Sun Deck (deck 4) at a designated area.
Phoenix Reisen MS Anna Katharina cruise deals are inclusive of all shipboard meals. Breakfasts are buffet-style, while lunches and dinners are multi-course and waiter-served, featuring traditional European and vegetarian cuisine specialties. Afternoon Tea service, coffee and midnight snacks are provided complimentary. Beers, house wines (by the glass), soft drinks (mineral water, juices, sodas, lemonade), tea and coffee are offered complimentary daily (between 8 am and 12-midnight). The traditional for river cruise ships Captain's Cocktail Reception and Captain's Gala Dinner events are held once per voyage, respectively, in the Bar Lounge and the Dining Room Restaurant. Upon request are complimentary provided vegan and special diet dishes (gluten-free, lactose-free, fat-free, diabetic, etc).
River cruise itineraries
- 1-day "Eventreise Rhein" (Event Travel Rhein) itineraries themed as "Best of Musicals", "1001 Nacht" and "Hollywood Classics" are mini-cruises roundtrip from Cologne with no other ports to visit.
- 3-day itinerary (roundtrip from Cologne) visits Amsterdam and Nijmegen.
- 4-day itinerary (roundtrip from Cologne) visits Worms, Mannheim, Kehl-Strasbourg, Mainz, Koblenz.
- 5-day "Weihnachtsmarkte Mosel" (Christmas Market Moselle) itinerary roundtrip from Cologne visits Bonn (overnight), Cochem, Trier, Bernkastel-Kues, Traben-Trarbach, Alken (overnight), Koblenz (overnight).
- 7-day "Weinzauber entlang der Mosel" (Wine Magic along the Moselle) itinerary roundtrip from Cologne visits aaaa
- 7-day "Dreilander-Kreuzfahrt auf dem Rhein" (Three-Country Cruise on the Rhine) itinerary roundtrip from Frankfurt visits Mannheim, Speyer, Breisach, Basel, Kehl-Strasbourg, Worms, Rudesheim (overnight), Braubach, Mainz (overnight).
- 9-day "Flusse-Quartett" (Rivers Quartet) itinerary roundtrip from Frankfurt visits Wiesbaden (overnight), Cochem (overnight), Traben-Trarbach (overnight), Schweich (overnight), Trier (overnight), Bernkastel-Kues (overnight), Winningen, Koblenz (overnight), Sankt Goarshausen, Rudesheim (overnight),Mainz (overnight).
- 10-day repositioning itinerary (Cologne to Passau) visits Koblenz, Braubach, Rudesheim, Frankfurt, Miltenberg, Wertheim, Wurzburg, Schweinfurt, Bamberg, Nuremberg, Kelheim, Regensburg, Linz.
- 10-day repositioning itinerary (Passau to Cologne) visits Linz, Vilshofen, Regensburg, Kelheim, Nuremberg, Bamberg, Schweinfurt, Wurzburg, Wertheim, Aschaffenburg, Frankfurt, Russelsheim.
- 10-day itinerary (roundtrip from Dusseldorf) visits Amsterdam, Hoorn, Rotterdam, Willemstad, Ghent, Antwerp.
- 16-day "Danube and the Black Sea" itinerary (roundtrip Passau) visits Vienna, Budapest, Mohacs, Vukovar, Belgrade, Vidin, Giurgiu, Oltenita, Sulina, Tulcea, Giurgiulesti (Moldova), Bulgaria (Tutrakan, Rousse, Nikopol, Orjachovo, Lom), Iron Gate(passage), Donji Milanovac, Novi Sad, Hungary (Mohacs, Kalocsa, Solt), Bratislava, Melk, Wachau Valley.
MS Anna Katharina - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS Anna KatharinaAdd Photo
Other Phoenix Reisen cruise ships
MS Anna Katharina Wiki
Vessel's construction (hull and superstructure, ENI number 07002113) was done at the Vahali Shipyard in Zasavica (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia). The 1923-founded Dutch shipbuilding company (Scheepswerf En Machinefabriek Vahali BV) owns and operates yards in Serbia (Belgrade, and Zasavica) and in Holland (Gendt). Vahali Shipyard Zasavica was officially opened in 2013. Following the construction in Serbia (2018), the cruise ship was towed to Holland for final outfitting at Da Capo BV Shipyard (in Hardinxveld-Giessendam). The riverboat was officially delivered to Scylla AG in June 2019.
The riverboat is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model 3508C-DITA, total power output 1590 kW / 2130 HP). The ship's propulsion is based on two controllable pitch propellers and one bow thruster (Veth-Jet) which is an in-hull mounted azimuthing propulsion unit with power output 400 kW (530 HP).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Anna Katharina User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review