Sochi is a Russian port city in Krasnodar Krai, located on the Black Sea coast close to the border between Georgia/Abkhazia and Russia. The city covers a total area of approx 176,77 km2 (68,25 ml2) and has a population of around 343,330 people (2010 census), making it Russia's biggest resort city.
- Greater Sochi area, including localities and territories subordinated to Sochi proper, features a total area of 3,526 km2 (1,361 ml2) and sprawls for 145 km (90 ml) along the shores of Black Sea near Caucasus Mountains. Being part of Caucasian Riviera, Sochi is one of the few places in Russia with a subtropical climate, with mild winters and warm to hot summers.
- Sochi Port terminal building was constructed in 1955 by Leonid Karlik and Karo Alabyan in Stalinist architecture. It's topped with a 71m steepled tower. Sculptures embodying cardinal points and seasons are set above the three tiers of the tower.
- With the alpine and Nordic events held at nearby ski resort of Roza Khutor, Krasnaya Polyana, Sochi hosted XXII Olympic Winter Games and XI Paralympic Winter Games 2014, as well as the Russian Formula 1 Grand Prix 2014-2020. It will also be one of the host cities for 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Sochi is unique among bigger Russian cities as having some characteristics of subtropical resort. Apart from the picturesque Caucasus Mountains and sand beaches, the city appeals to vacation-goers with its numerous parks, monuments, subtropical vegetation, and extravagant Stalinist architecture. Around 2 million people each summer visit Greater Sochi, when the city is home to the annual "Kinotavr" film festival and a getaway for Russia's elite.
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Caucasian Biosphere Reserve (2,957 km2 / 731,000 acres), lies north from the city. Sochi also features the most northerly tea plantations in the region.
Highlights: Spa resort, Dagomys
The Sochi cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Sochi, Russia.
If you lose the Sochi location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Sochi cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Sochi, Russia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
13 June, 2017