Review of Black Watch deck 6 (Lounge-Pool-Dining)
- Glentanar Restaurant is the ship’s main dining room, also hosting the formal Gala Dinner event. The restaurant offers both buffet- and waiter service. Dining times are: open-seating buffet Breakfast (8-10 am) and Lunch (12-2:30 pm) and waiter-served dinner with 2 fixed seatings (6 pm and 8:30 pm). During Breakfast-Lunch times there is an additional a la carte menu for orders through waiters. Tables capacity is 2, 4, 6 and 8 seats per table. Dinner menu choices include 2 appetizers, 3 soups, 2 salads, 4 entrees (plus 1 vegetarian), a selection of cheeses, desserts (incl 1 sugar-free).
- Orchid Room is a small annex to the main dining room, designed as a separate room for private dining and celebration events. The Orchid Room’s decor is Asia-themed. Upon request, guests can be seated there (at no additional charge), and the dining menu is the same as the Glentanar’s.
- The Braemar Garden (aka Braemar Room) also adjoins the Glentanar Restaurant. The venue is pink floral decorated, and has sliding doors connecting it to the Braemar Lounge. The Garden also hosts daily trivia quizzes and bingo sessions.
- Braemar Lounge has comfortable sitting (sofas and chairs), offers live music trio performances and is served with drinks by the Braemar Garden’s Bar. The Lounge also serves Afternoon Tea.
- Braemar Garden Cafe is a casual, buffet-style restaurant with open-seating for Breakfast and Lunch. Tables capacity is 2, 4 and 6 seats per table (2-seat tables are closest to windows). The Garden Cafe offers themed dinner buffets (Chinese, Indian, Thai cuisine) and Supper Club (late-night sandwiches, burgers, sweets, tea/coffee. On formal nights, Champagne is offered on the breakfast buffets.
- The Poolside Cafe is another alternative, buffet-style dining venue for breakfast and lunch. The Cafe offers al-fesco dining (weather permitting) on a large terrace, with tables set around the aft pool area.
- Pipers’ Bar was redesigned during the 2014 Black Watch refurbishment, and is now called Morning Light Pub. The new Pub is traditionally decorated (many artworks reflect the Fred Olsen’s history). The Pub is furnitured with leather sofas and chairs, and offers live evening entertainment and great starboard views via floor-ceiling windows.
- The Black Watch Room
- Neptune Lounge is the ship’s theater furnitured with banquettes, chairs and tables. The Lounge has a stage for live music and show productions in the evenings. Stage performances are offered twice nightly (at 8:45pm and at 10:15pm). The program features shows (incl performances by the “Black Watch Show Company” /9 singers & dancers performing every evening), also fashion reviews, cabarets, vocalists/instrumentalists, magician and comedy acts. During the day, Neptune Lounge serves the Fred Olsen line’s enrichment program, with various Black Watch itinerary and ports of call related lectures (guest speakers), seminars, multimedia presentations, dance classes (sea days only).
- Games Room has tennis tables, board games and jigsaw puzzles.
- The Swimming Pool Area (aft location) has 1 heated pool (size 36×21 ft / 11×6,5 m, depth 6ft / 2m), 1 large-size whirlpools, 2 exercise pools (Swimex pools, each for one person to swim against a water jet), and a sunbathing area with loungers.
The Poolside Cafe (MS Black Watch)
Morning Light Pub (MS Black Watch)
The Black Watch Room (MS Black Watch)
Orchid Room (MS Black Watch)
Glentanar Restaurant (MS Black Watch )
Neptune Lounge (MS Black Watch)