Australia’s adventure travel company Aurora Expeditions (fleet) announced its 2023-2024 Antarctica season and 2023 Arctic & British Isles voyages aboard Sylvia Earle ship, giving travelers more options to explore the white continent.
The new Antarctica season features dozens of departures across 2 purpose-built expedition ships, Greg Mortimer and Sylvia Earle - with the last scheduled to debut on the Subantarctic Safari (November 4-20, 2022).
Aurora’s new sailings feature 6 innovative itineraries including the Antarctic Explorer Express, a 9-day voyage featuring a condensed version of the longer Antarctic Explorer Voyage, appealing to those looking for a briefer adventure to the Antarctic Peninsula. Passengers can now explore regions in Antarctica that most people have never experienced by venturing below the Antarctic Circle and trying to forge a path through the ice in the Weddell Sea through the 18-day Circle and Weddell journey.
The 2023 Arctic & British Isles voyages will feature 5 new itineraries. The new Svalbard in Depth cruise offers extra time for deeper exploration in the region. The 15-day Iceland, Jan Mayen, Svalbard trip offers a combination of breathtaking contrasts as guests sail across the Arctic Circle to the High Arctic. The Complete Northwest Passage voyage will sail the full length of the Northwest Passage from West Greenland to Nome (Alaska) over 30 days. In the British Isles, an Ireland & Scotland Discovery voyage is to explore the Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland Islands, and Ireland’s rugged west coast, over 17 days.
The new season complements the line's previously announced new 2023 sailings, including Aurora’s first expedition to the Islands of the Atlantic. New highlight itineraries also include the Northern Lights Explorer, offering opportunities to witness the natural phenomenon of the Aurora Borealis, as well as Across the Arctic Circle, combining 3 worlds on one journey from Scotland to Norway.
To celebrate the season launch, cruisers can enjoy early bird savings of up to 25% off bookings made by June 30.
New itineraries feature:
- Falklands~Malvinas and Antarctic Peninsula from Santiago (Chile) to Ushuaia (Argentina) (Oct 22-Nov 6, 2023), on Greg Mortimer
- Antarctic Peninsula in Depth round trip from Ushuaia (Nov 28-Dec 12, 2023), on Sylvia Earle
- South Georgia & Antarctic Odyssey featuring South Sandwich Islands round trip from Ushuaia (Jan 19-Feb 11, 2024), on Sylvia Earle
- Antarctic Explorer Express from Ushuaia to Punta Arenas (Chile) (Feb 10-18, 2024), on Sylvia Earle
- Deep Weddell Following Nordenskold round trip from Ushuaia (March 24-April 6, 2024), on Sylvia Earle
- Circle and Weddell round trip from Ushuaia (March 8-25, 2024) on Sylvia Earle.
Arctic & British Isles 2023
- Svalbard in Depth round trip from Longyearbyen (Norway) (June 26-July 10, 2023), on Sylvia Earle
- East Greenland Explorer round trip from Reykjavik (Iceland) (Aug 15-28, 2023), on Sylvia Earle
- Iceland, Jan Mayen, Svalbard from Reykjavik to Longyearbyen (June 13-27, 2023), on Sylvia Earle
- Complete Northwest Passage from Toronto (Canada) to Anchorage AK on (Aug 24-Sept 22, 2023), on Sylvia Earle
- Ireland & Scotland Discovery from Dublin (Ireland) to Aberdeen (Scotland) (May 17-June 2, 2023), on Sylvia Earle.