Canada and USA Rivers
71 °F / 22 °C
Toronto is a Lake Ontario cruise port and city at the mouths of Humber and Don rivers in Ontario (Canada). By population (over 2,7 million, metro over 5,9 million) the city is ranked Canada's largest. The city is a major centre for art (music, theatre, movie and TV productions) and culture (museums, galleries, festivals, entertainment and sports events, historic sites). Here are headquartered major Canadian TV networks and media, finance (Toronto Stock Exchange), large Canadian banks, multinational corporations. City's economy is based on technology, finances, sciences, education, arts, design, fashion, food services, tourism.
Toronto is one of Canada's most popular tourism travel destinations. Data for 2017 showed that the city received 43,7 million tourists (including 10,4 million domestic and 2,97 million from USA), who spent USD 8,84 billion.
- Among the best known tourist attractions are 25 museums, including Royal Ontario Museum (country's largest, Bata Shoe Museum (shoes from around the world and different time periods), Hockey Hall of Fame, Aga Khan Museum, Ceramic Art Museum, Ukraine Museum, Police Museum, Textile Museum, Inuit Art Museum, Oral History Museum.
- Toronto Zoo (Canada's largest) has over 5000 animals from about 500 different species.
- High Park Zoo is visited by ove 1/ million people every year.
- Ripley's Aquarium (downtown Toronto) is Canada's largest, consisting of 5.7 million litres of water.
- CN Tower is visited annually by nearly 2 million people. It also features many indoor attractions, including Glass Floor, Skypod, 360-degree restaurant, Edgewalk (full circle walking platform encircling tower's top, 1168 ft above the ground).
- Major annual sporting events are Canadian Open (tennis tournament July-August), Honda Indy Toronto (car race), sports clubs (Granite Club, Royal Canadian Yacht Club, Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club, Argonaut Rowing Club, Toronto Lawn Tennis Club, Badminton and Racquet Club).
City's Financial District houses Canada's largest banks and brokerage firms, as well as Toronto Stock Exchange (ranked world's 7th-largest). In or near the city are headquartered Bell Media, Rogers Communications, Torstar, Magna International, Celestica, Manulife, Sun Life Financial, Hudson's Bay Company, large hotel and resort companies (including Four Seasons and Fairmont).
PortsToronto agency (formerly Toronto Harbour Commission) manages Port Toronto, as well as the international Billy Bishop Airport and Billy Bishop Aerodrome (serving floatplanes). Port Toronto includes two cargo terminals (51, 52), Passenger Cruise Ship Facility and Outer Harbour Marina.
- Toronto Harbour is sized 3,2x1,6 km (2x1 ml) and is a deep-water harbor well sheltered by offshore islands.
- Port facilities include Marine Terminal 51, Warehouse 52, 5 km (3 ml) long wharf area (serving bulk carriers), approx 560 m2 (6000 ft2) docking space (for general cargo ships), cruise ship terminal (International Marine Passenger Terminal).
- Outer Harbour Marina (on Leslie Street Spit) provides direct access to Lake Ontario and Inner Harbour, and has boating capacity 636 slips.
- Toronto harbour's northeastern corner was redeveloped into East Bayfront (residential district).
Port Toronto cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Toronto, Ontario Canada. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|14 September, 2019|
The Toronto cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Toronto, Ontario Canada.
If you lose the Toronto location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
- Cruise Industry
Victory Cruise Lines, which is committed to small-ship cruising on the Great Lakes and along the North American coasts, announced their 2020 cruise...June 17, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Victory Cruise Lines highlighted the line’s first couple of itineraries since joining American Queen Steamboat Company. The sailings onboard...February 1, 2019
- show more news