Two of the newest names in cruise industry soon unveiled details of their new products.
Ritz Carlton Cruises initially announced its new 3-ship yacht cruise line in June last year. The announcement came as luxury cruise market was more crowded than ever, but the brand boasts an advantage over the others in the market as it already has a database of clients to call on.
- The Ritz Carlton ships will be all-balcony. The lowest decks include a series of duplex suites so that the upper level has a terrace and the lower level is a bedroom suite. There is also a Ritz Carlton Spa.
- A total of 5 dining venues are offered for 298 passengers, each divided into smaller spots. The yachts have many intimate spaces and 4 larger spots that are able to fit all travelers at one time.
- The dress code is described as casual elegance.
- Water sports equipment is featured onboard as is the traditional Ritz Carlton concierge team.
- Entertainment includes intimate performance spaces, a team of jazz and classical musicians and in-house entertainment.
- All cruise ships feature free WiFi. No casino is available onboard.
- For destinations, the cruise line uses larger ports for turnaround. However, its focus is on “smaller places where you aren’t likely to see a bunch of cruise vessels.”
- The debut sailings go on sale in May 2018.
From the moment of its launch, Virgin Voyages tried to separate itself from the usual idea of cruising. Virgin Voyages is an adults-only cruise line that will hit the water in 2020, as a brand which is going to expand industry’s pull.
- Virgin Voyages ships accommodate 2,750 passengers each with 90% of the staterooms featuring balconies. The vessel size gives the company the ability to “go to unique places and have a more intimate experience.”
- Ship's hardware further differentiates the cruise line from the rest of the market (though, they all have casinos).
- Each vessel offers a lot more entertainment venues than the traditional main theater. The staterooms feature a different design than the typical ones.
- Virgin Voyages is hoping to offer unique onshore experience, "something that is off-the-beaten-path, yet authentic.” Line's first ship will homeport in Miami FL but will visit ports providing a more intimate experience.
- Itineraries will probably go on sale by the end of 2018.