Marella Cruises revealed 3 new ports of call and 3 new itineraries as part of line's winter 2019 program which sees a selection of new destinations.
- New call ports include Panama Canal's Gatun Lake (with its vast wildlife and hidden islands; one of the oldest), Kingston Jamaica), the "wickedest city on earth" because of the pirates that once dropped anchor there; as well as the nature haven of Samana, Dominican Republic.
- Along with these new additions, Marella is also returning to the popular North African ports Alexandria Egypt and Casablanca Morocco. Marella passengers can visit Cyprus (winter 2019) via Marella Celebration and Marella Dream, both cruising to Limassol.
- Marella Cruises offers travellers the chance to explore new destinations (on 3 itineraries) with "cruise and stay" options, such as the new "Ancient Kingdoms" itinerary.
- Marella Discovery 2 (former Legend of the Seas) offers 2 new itineraries - "Secret Shores" and Panama Canal Experience, both departing from Montego Bay Jamaica.
Marella Explorer 2 is company's first "adult ship" and has 3 new (for the fleet) venues.
- "19th Hole" is a clubhouse bar with golf buggy-seating and two golf simulators. Here are served craft beers and golf-themed cocktails.
- The sophisticated "Flutes" (bubbles bar) caters for Champagne and Prosecco lovers and is best for pre- and post dinner cocktails.
- "Beach Cove" serves barbecue specialties providing "on the beach" al fresco dining.
- A new cafeteria (pizzeria-type restaurant) offers traditional made-to-order Italian pizzas (oven-baked).
Like the sistership Marella Explorer (the old TUI Mein Schiff 1), Marella Explorer 2 also has various bars and dining options, world class entertainment, luxurious Champneys Spa (prtnership with UK's Champneys Luxury Health Spa Resorts).
For winter season 2019, the ship will be homeported in Bridgetown Barbados, offering 3 roundtrip itineraries visiting St Lucia, Aruba and Grenadines. Marella's winter 2019 program goes on sale November 8, 2018.