The Australian-owned polar cruise tour company Aurora Expeditions is setting itself apart from the competition via a range of new itineraries for the 2020-2021 season.
The upcoming newbuild vessel Greg Mortimer is due to set the standard for polar cruising. Launching in October, Greg Mortimer boasts special features designed to make expeditionary cruising more innovative than ever.
Aurora Expeditions is among the few expeditionary cruising companies to offer Iceland's full circumnavigation, with ample time to jump into a Zodiac boat or kayak and explore some of the more remote glacial lagoons and fjords of the volcanic isle.
- Line's ‘Iceland Circumnavigation’ itinerary provides the chance to witness splendid birdlife, meet welcoming locals, and get up close to glaciers of which Europe’s largest, Vatnajokull.
- Similarly, the ‘East Greenland Explorer’ itinerary allows discovering both the largest fjord system and one of the most isolated habitations in the world.
- Zodiac and kayak trips will head to spectacular icebergs calved from glaciers along the enormous ice cap of Greenland.
- Local Inuit tribes will share a special insight into their way of life and culture in this harsh yet rewarding environment.
- The ‘Franz Josef Land Explorer’ expedition is delving deep into the heart of Russia's High Arctic.