Princess Cruises passengers sailing to the Caribbean or the Panama Canal now have a wealth of itineraries and ships to choose from with the announcement of cruise line's fall 2020-spring 2021 season, open for sale May 9.
A total of 5 ships will offer a choice of 127 departures on 15 itineraries, ranging in length from 4 to 20 days, taking travellers to 24 destinations in 20 different countries in the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean.
Crown Princess, Caribbean Princess, Sky Princess, and Enchanted Princess, are Princess MedallionClass ships. Powered by the advanced wearable device OceanMedallion, these ships deliver a personalized vacation that provides more time to enjoy cruising. Each ship also features the best Wi-Fi at sea MedallionNet, offering fast, affordable, and unlimited internet service to post photos, stream shows, and video chat.
Enchanted Princess is due to make her North American debut in Fort Lauderdale FL on November 21, 2020, cruising on 21 alternating 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean voyages through April 10, 2021. The launching in October 2019 Sky Princess will sail for the first time on the line's popular 10-day Southern Caribbean Voyager itinerary, that can be combined for a 20-day Caribbean Explorer trip. Passengers can choose from 17 Sky Princess cruises from November 5, 2020, through March 30, 2021.
Itinerary highlights for fall 2020-spring 2021 Caribbean season include:
- All 7-day Eastern Caribbean voyages offered onboard Enchanted Princess and Caribbean Princess, depart on either Saturday or Sunday and call at Saint Thomas, Saint Maarten and Princess Cays.
- All 7-day Enchanted Princess and Caribbean Princess Western Caribbean voyages leave on either Saturday or Sunday and call at Cozumel and Grand Cayman, with options including Costa Maya, Roatan or Belize City or Princess Cays and Jamaica.
- Longer itineraries to the Southern Caribbean on Island Princess and Crown Princess feature 14-day voyages with ports of call in Antigua, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Vincent, Trinidad, Aruba, Curacao or Bonaire.
- Princess Cruises visits a number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, such as the Belize Barrier Reef System, historical Bridgetown in Barbados, and The Pitons Volcanic Spires in St. Lucia.
- Visits to Princess Cays on all 7-day sailings feature MedallionNet on the island in order to stay connected.
- Holiday journeys are offered over Christmas and New Year on 4 ships: Enchanted Princess, Island Princess, Sky Princess, and Caribbean Princess.
- Five ports feature late-night calls, including Saint Thomas, Saint Maarten, Cozumel, Curacao, and Aruba.
Princess was the first line to take cruise passengers through Panama Canal locks back in 1967. Caribbean Princess was the first big cruise ship to sail through the brand new Agua Clara locks in 2017.
For the upcoming 2020-2021 cruise season, 5 ships sail the Panama Canal waters, with 30 departures and 9 unique itineraries, offering 3 ways to experience the destination: roundtrip from Los Angeles, roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, or sailing between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Cruises range between 10-21 days and visit 23 destinations in a total of 11 countries. New for the season, a couple of 15-day ocean-to-ocean itineraries are offered sailing between Fort Lauderdale and the new homeport of San Diego. Crown Princess offers 10-day voyages roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale.
Highlights of the Panama Canal September 2020-April 2021 season include:
- 5 ships: Coral Princess, Crown Princess, Emerald Princess, Island Princess, Pacific Princess.
- 4 homeports: Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego.
- Sailing to the Panama Canal through Agua Clara Locks, Emerald Princess and Crown Princess offer partial Panama Canal transits from the Atlantic roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale with Caribbean and Costa Rica voyages.
- Emerald Princess and Coral Princess sail full transit 15-day voyages between Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles. Emerald Princess offers departures between Fort Lauderdale and San Diego or San Francisco.
- Island Princess offers a couple of 14-day Panama Canal itineraries as part of her 2021 World Cruise.
- Pacific Princess is due to sail on a 15-day Panama Canal Connoisseur cruise from Fort Lauderdale to LA for a small ship transit through the Panama Canal traditional locks.
- Coral Princess offers a 19-day Panama Canal Pacific Adventure itinerary, roundtrip from Los Angeles.