In November 2019, Oasis of the Seas will be undergoing a major renovation and among other things, the Royal Caribbean ship will boast more cabins after the refit.
The negative aspect is that the kids' areas will be reduced in favour of the larger number of staterooms. However, some novelties will await the vessel and it will be adapted to the standards of the newer Oasis-class ships. Oasis will get, among other things, the Perfect Storm and the Ultimate Abyss waterslides. No public outdoor area will be available in front of the solarium because of the additional cabins to be installed there. The kids' and teens' areas will be reduced so that the Oasis of the Seas will boast 61 new cabins after the conversion.
No changes will be made on decks 3, 10, 17 and 18.
- Deck 16: The Sky Bar and Mast Bar will form the new "Lime & Coconut" bar and the remaining space will be used to install a pair of whirlpools.
- Deck 15: The Perfect Storm will be placed here. The kids' water park will be renewed and replaced by the Splashaway Bay. The new "Portside BBQ" restaurant (menu) will be situated aft but teens will only have one area left - the Teens Club (former Fuel Teen Disco). The Wipe Out will turn into the Mexican El Loco Fresh.
- Deck 14: The gained space of the kids' area will be used for a total of 30 new cabins.
- Deck 12: The Diamond Club will be removed and laid on Deck 4. Space will be created for twenty new cabins. 6 more staterooms will replace the library and the one will be located in Central Park.
- Deck 9: A new interior cabin will be added. The nightclub Dazzles, which extends over Deck 8 and 9, will be converted to the Music Hall.
- Deck 8: The library will take the place of the photo studio, while the photo studio will be positioned on deck 6.
- Deck 7: 3 new interior cabins will be installed.
- Deck 6: The arcade and the Sabor will become Playmaker's Sports Bar. Candy Beach will be split into the Beach Shop and Sugar Beach. A new interior cabin will be installed.
- Deck 5: The Champagne Bar will be replaced with the Bionic Bar. The Sports bar will be renamed to Spotlight Karaoke but there has been karaoke so far. The Diamond Bar will go on Deck 4. The Comedy Club will be integrated into Blaze Disco.
The Oasis of the Seas' conversion will cost a total of US$165 million and will take place 9 weeks after the Mediterranean season at the Navantia shipyard in Cadiz Spain.
For more information on cabin categories, standard/complimentary amenities and services, and suite perks see at Oasis OTS staterooms.