Celebrating the iconic culture, history, and sounds of jazz, the new Princess' lounge will feature a chic bar setting and hand-crafted cocktails by Master Mixologist Rob Floyd.
Debuting on the cruise company's newest ships - Sky Princess (due to debut in October 2019) and Enchanted Princess (debuting in June 2020), Take 5 will boast curated experiences honoring the roots of jazz, the birth of BeBop, contemporary jazz and iconic female artists.
Take 5 is expected to celebrate the important American art-form, via live performances by jazz musicians, dance lessons, guest performers, after-hours parties, engaging speakers and workshops. It will also offer surprise, pop-up performances. Custom media content will play on screens including iconic imagery and archival footage.
Take 5 themed nights and enrichment will include:
- A Night in Harlem – features sounds of the 1920s that transport travelers to the underground world of New York City. Guests can expect tunes from King Oliver's Creole Jazz Band, Original Dixieland Jazz Band, Charles "Buddy" Bolden, and New Orleans Rhythm Kings.
- The Birth of Big Band and BeBop – is heading into the late 1940s, the birth of BeBop and post-war jazz, and showcases the amazing speed of the incredible musicians. Music from Charlie Parker, Dexter Gordon, and Coleman Hawkins will fill the air while costumed staff delivers classic cocktails.
- The Way You Look Tonight – is celebrating the incredible women of jazz and how these legendary instrumentalists and vocalist changed musical history. Vacationers can expect songs from Ella Fitzgerald, Norah Jones, and Billie Holiday.
- Toda La Noche – Fiery Afro-Cuban Jazz – is an unforgettable trip through the Caribbean which celebrates the rhythms of Afro-Cuban jazz with beats spanning European, African American, and Latin influences. Before the show, passengers can take salsa lessons to Buena Vista Social Club covers. Featured music includes artists like Irakere, Dizzy Gillespie, and Tito Puente. The night ends with an invitation for a 'descarga' jam session.
- A Sophisticated Evening of Cool – features jazz sounds of the 1950s all the way from New York to California. Passengers can expect songs from legends like Chet Baker, John Lewis, and Miles Davis.
- Contemporary Directions – A Festival of Jazz – which honors recent decades of jazz music and features local artists from the destinations the ships visit.
Take 5 guests will be able to order a drink directly to their seat via on-demand service, just one of the features available as part of Princess MedallionClass experience.