Silversea opened sales on a new 59-day Mediterranean grand voyage. The Grand Voyage Mediterranean 2021 is expected to link unique experiences across the region, showcasing spectacular landscapes and historic cultures.
Between September 8-November 5, 2021, Silversea’s passengers will journey deep into a total of 45 destinations in 17 different countries, travelling in comfort aboard the refurbished ship Silver Shadow.
The new offering of Silversea invites guests to discover a mix of civilizations, traditions, and cultures in the Black Sea and the Mediterranean, which have endured for thousands of years.
• Passengers will be able to stroll on the sun-soaked beaches of Durres, Albania before discovering ancient civilizations. After an overnight in Venice, they will see the terracotta-tiled towns of Croatia like Split and Dubrovnik, as well as discover the landscapes of Montenegro and form authentic connections within the settlements of Greece.
• Explore the waterfront promenade of Batumi and experience high culture at the opera house in Odessa. Next, Silver Shadow sets sail for Turkey, where guests will benefit from an overnight in Istanbul. In Georgia, passengers will discover the delights of Batumi, in Russia the coastal jewel of Sochi, in Ukraine the classically charming Odessa. Next in line are historic Romania and magnificent Bulgaria.
• Wander streets in Siracusa, one of the ancient capitals of Western civilization. There will be a subsequent passage of the Grand Voyage Mediterranean 2021: Greece (Athens and Santorini), Malta (an overnight in Valletta), Tunisia (ancient Carthage ruins), Italy (Siracusa, Palermo, Naples, Civitavecchia (Rome).
• Experience Golden-Age Glamour in Monte Carlo's Casino and Monaco’s Hotel de Paris. The trip continues with Livorno, Portofino, Monte Carlo, Marseille, Valencia, and Palma de Mallorca. On an overnight in Barcelona, passengers will dine on delicious tapas. In Palma, they will explore the music of Chopin in the surroundings of Castell de Bellver at an outdoor performance.
• A Maiden Call in La Estaca (El Hierro). Ahead of arriving in Lisbon, Silversea’s guests will visit Malaga and Cadiz, explore the French Colonial architecture of Casablanca, and travel deeper into the Canaries, developing connections with Las Palmas, Arrecife, Santa Cruz de La Palma, La Estaca. From Miradouro da Graca in Lisbon, they will look out over the capital city of Portugal.