Binz is the biggest seaside resort and a Baltic Sea port town on Rugen Island's southeastern coast (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern state, Germany). The island covers a total area of approx 926 km2 (358 ml2) and has population around 77,000. Binz's population is around 5,500. The other Rugen Island cruise port is Sassnitz (located to the north).
Binz is located between Prorer Wiek (bay) and Schmachter See (lake). Schmale Heide (to the north) is a narrow land connecting Muttland (on Rugen) with Jasmund Peninsula (mainland Germany).
- The land to the east and south of Binz is hilly, reaching over 100 m (328 ft) above sea level. Prora resort belongs to Binz.
- This resort town is famous for its well-kept historical architecture and natural scenery, close to Jasmund National Park and its unique cliffs.
- Following Germany's reunification, the city experienced substantial change. Most of the villas were returned to the previous owners, and the town was renovated and restored. The previous holiday vacation properties were privatized and modernized. In 1994 was opened a new 370 m (984 ft) long pier.
- The town features numerous early 20th-century villas and hotels. Such leisure properties are also located along the seaside promenade. Other tourist attractions in Binz are the large Prora resort complex (to the north) and the Granitz Hunting Lodge.
- Ostseebad Binz railway station is at the end of the standard railway line Deutsche Bahn (starting from Stralsund via Bergen auf Rugen). Binz is also connected to the nearby towns (Baabe, Gohren, Putbus, Sellin) via the narrow steam railway Rugensche Baderbahn (locally known as Rasender Roland).
Port Binz cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Binz, Rugen Island, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|11 May, 2021|
The Binz cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Binz, Rugen Island, Germany.
If you lose the Binz location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.