Bunbury is a port city and the 3rd largest city in Western Australia - following Perth (state's capital) and Mandurah. The city has population around 75,000.
- Bunbury is located approx 175 km (109 ml) south of Perth, at the mouth of Preston River and close to the mouth of Collie River. The port opens to Koombana Bay and the bigger Geographe Bay - extending southwards to Cape Naturaliste.
- The town was established in 1836. The city's administrative area (Greater Bunbury) includes 4 government areas and extends between Boyanup (south), Capel (southwest) and Yarloop (north).
- Port Bunbury services Western Australia's mining, farming and timber industries. It is the centre of economic activity for Greater Bunbury sub-region via the flow of cargo through it to/from all parts of the world.
- The port's proposed expansion is expected to promote further growth for the whole sub-region. It may also be an economic stimulus for corporate support and auxiliary services associated with seaport-based industries.
- The city offers many recreational and tourism opportunities. Among the most popular are: Bunbury Back Beach, Dolphin Discovery Centre, Bunbury Wildlife Park, Koombana Bay, Leschenault Inlet.
- In 2018, the port had scheduled 3 luxury cruise ships - Azamara Journey, Crystal Symphony and Seabourn Sojourn.
Bunbury WA cruise terminal
To meet the cruise lines needs, Bunbury port provides new shore excursions and tours that are inclusive of private transfers. Among the most popular are the Aboriginal Tour (led by a local Elder) and the Dolphin Discovery Center (with optional digital experiences).
The port provides visiting cruise ship tourists with free shuttle service from the dock (wharf area) to downtown. The port authority plans a harbour redevelopment project that will include a new passenger tender facility.
Port Bunbury WA cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Bunbury WA, Western Australia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|17 December, 2021|