Fergusson Island is one of the lasrgest D'Entrecasteaux Islands PNG. It is located in the Solomon Sea, north of Dobu Island and Normanby Island, and southeast of Goodenough Islandand and the Trobriand Islands.
- The island has a total area of approx 1440 km2 (500 ml2) and consists of mostly mountains covered by rain forests. The island features three large volcanoes.
- Its highest elavation is 2073 m (6800 ft) in the northeastern part, near the extinct volcano Wadalei.
- The island is popular with its three bays - Seymour (on the western coast), Sebutuia (on the eastern) and Hughes (on the northern).
- The island's main settlements are Salamo and Mapamoiwa, both on the southern coast.
- The island is famous for the Dei Dei Hot Springs.
Fergusson Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Fergusson Island PNG dock (anchor) at eaither Seymour Bay (west coast), Sebutuia Bay (east coast) or Hughes Bay (nort coast).
Port Fergusson Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Fergusson Island, Papua New Guinea. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|8 May, 2020|
|15 May, 2020|
The Fergusson Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Fergusson Island, Papua New Guinea.
If you lose the Fergusson Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.