Canada and USA Rivers
74 °F / 24 °C
Helena-West Helena is a Mississippi River cruise port in Arkansas USA. As the town's name implies, it was formed by combining two existing towns. Helena AR and West Helena AR were officially merged in January 2006. The consolidated town covers a total area of approx 35 km2 (13 ml2) and has population around 13,000.
- West Helena (founded 1909) is located on the western side of Crowley's Ridge, while Helena is between Mississippi River and the Ridge's eastern side.
- Helena Bridge has length of 1586 m (5200 ft) and is one of Arkansas' all 4 Mississippi River bridges. It carries the highway US Route 49 between Piggott AR (north) and Gulfport MS (south).
- In the 1940s-1950s, the town grew into thriving blues community. In the 1970s it continued to grow until the closure of Mohawk Rubber Company Yokohama Rubber Company's subsidiary).
- Among Helena-West Helena's main tourist attractions and popular sites are the Delta Cultural Center (and museum, located downtown Helena), Jerome Bonaparte Pillow House (operated by Phillips Community College, Arkansas University), Confederate Army Generals Graveyard.
- King Biscuit Blues Festival is held here each October. The first festival was in 1986 organized is part of the "Main Street USA" (The Walt Disney Company) program.
Port Helena-West Helena cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Helena-West Helena, Arkansas. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|15 July, 2019|
The Helena-West Helena cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Helena-West Helena, Arkansas.
If you lose the Helena-West Helena location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.