Kawthaung is a Kyan River cruise port located in the southernmost part of Myanmar. During Burma's British rule (1824-1948), Kawthaung was known as Victoria Point.
- The town is at the mouth of Kyan River on Malay Peninsula. To the west-southwest, Andaman Sea opens up to Indian Ocean. Most of region's terrain is mountainous.
- Climate is tropical monsoon, temperatures are quite hot throughout the year. There are summer wet season (April-November) and winter dry season (December-March).
- The most common spoken language is Burmese, followed by Thai, Southern Thai, Shan, Moken and Karen.
- Main agriculture products include rubber, cashew nut, betel nut, coconut, oil palm.
- Tourism is an important part of the local economy and Myanmar is gradually lifting immigration and travel restrictions in the area.
Port Kawthaung cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kawthaung, Myanmar. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|12 May, 2022|