Komarom is a Danube River cruise port and town in Hungary. It is located on the river's south bank while Komarno (Slovakia) is on the other bank. The town has population around 20,000.
- In 1763 the town was heavily damaged by earthquake.
- The city was formerly a separate village (Ujszony). In 1892 Komarom and Ujszony were linked via iron bridge. In 1896 both towns were united under the name Komarom. In 1920, the town was split by the new border with Czechoslovakia following "Treaty of Trianon" in which Hungary lost around 2⁄3 of its territory. Then was created the Hungarian minority in Slovakia.
- Komarom and Komarno are connected by 2 bridges - the old iron bridge and a new lifting bridge.