74 °F / 24 °C
Symi Island (aka Syme and Simi) is part of Rhodes regional unit (Greece), with total area approx 66 km2 (25 ml2) and population around 3,000.
- The island is mountainous and includes the port town Symi and the adjacent upper town Ano Symi, plus smaller localities and mythologally and historically important areas.
- Island's economy was traditionally based on shipbuilding and sponge industries, with peak population around 23,000. Today Symi's main industry is tourism.
- The town host the annual Symi Festival (July through September) attracting tourists and many popular Greek musicians to perform live at the main square's free of charge open-air concerts, plus many dance and theatre events.
- Popular tourist attractions on Symi Island include Archangel Michael Panormitis (18th century Orthodox monastery on the southwest coast, still inhabited by monks), The Kastro (castle overlooking Ano Symi, built by the Knights of Saint John as expansion of a former Byzantine castle), clock tower (19th century), War Memorial (in Symi Harbour, with the Dove of Peace monument).
- Symi town has 13 churches and dozens of chapels, some of which from the Byzantine Empire (330-1453).
Symi Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Symi Island dock (anchor) at Symi - port town on the northern coast.
Symi Island cruise port videos
Port Symi Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Symi Island, Greece. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|15 August, 2019|
The Symi Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Symi Island, Greece.
If you lose the Symi Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.