Maizuru is a port city located in Kyoto Prefecture, Japan, on an inlet of the Sea of Japan. The city covers a total area of approx 342,1 km2 (132,1 ml2) and has a population of around 84,000 people (2015 census).
- Maizuru was founded on May 27, 1943. It is a city rich in nature, situated on the scenic Maizuru Bay. Maizuru Harbor is in Maizuru Bay, from which travel to Hokkaido is possible via Sea of Japan.
- The development of Maizuru was greatly spurred after a naval port was built in 1901. During the Russo-Japanese War, a lot of warships were based there, because of its proximity to Sea of Japan. After the World War II, Maizuru was the key port for returning Japanese detainees and servicemen from continental Asia for more than 13 years. Currently, Maizuru is the key district headquarters for Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force.
- The National Institute of Technology (Maizuru College); Kyoto University (Maizuru Fisherise Research Station) and Japan Coast Guard School are located in Maizuru.
- In June 1961 Maizuru became sister city to Nakhodka, Russia, the first Russian-Japanese sister towns in history. Since 1982 the town has been twinned with Dalian, China and since 1998 with Portsmouth, England.
- Maizuru is dotted with interesting sightseeing spots. There is Maizuru Repatriation Memorial Museum, a commemorative hall that documents the return of detainees and servicemen, and an observatory overlooking the Rias seashore of Maizuru bay.
Highlights: World Brick Museum, Kyoto
The Maizuru cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Maizuru, Japan.
If you lose the Maizuru location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Maizuru cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Maizuru, Japan. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
17 August, 2017
24 August, 2017
29 August, 2017