The City of Monterey is situated in Monterey County, on the southern edge of Monterey Bay, Northern Portion of the Central Coast of California. It lies at an elevation of 8 m (26 feet) above sea level, on a total land area of 21.93 km2 (8.466 ml2). According to he 2010 census Monterey had a population of 27,810 inhabitants.
- Monterey was Alta California's capital under both Mexico and Spain. It was the only entry port in California for taxable goods. In 1846 the United States' flag was raised over Customs House - California became part of the U.S. after Mexican–American War.
- The City of Monterey had the first public building, publicly funded school, public library, theater, printing press and newspaper in California. Since the late 19th century the city and surrounding region have attracted artists and celebrated writers and painters have lived there. An abundant fishery existed there until the 1950s.
- Among the notable present-day attractions of Monterey are the Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, annual Monterey Jazz Festival and Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Monterey is also the home of Monterey Museum of Art, as well as its annex museum La Mirada and Salvador Dali Museum. Several commercial galleries are located in the historic district Cannery Row, Customs House Plaza and New Monterey.
- The City of Monterey is the site of many crafts festivals and waterfront arts held in Custom House Plaza on top of Fisherman's Wharf.
- Monterey is popular for the diversity and abundance of its marine life, including sea otters, sea lions, harbor seals, kelp forests, bat rays, dolphins, pelicans and several species of whales. Just a few miles offshore is Monterey Canyon, the biggest and deepest (3.2 km /2 ml) underwater canyon off North America's pacific coast, which within hours provides scientists wth access to the deep sea.
Highlights: Monterey State Historic Park, Seventeen Mile Drive
The Monterey cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Monterey, California.
If you lose the Monterey location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Monterey cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Monterey, California. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
13 March, 2018
See here how an outdoor ocean enthusiast paddled around a massive cruise ship this past week while the vessel was anchored in Monterey Bay. Brent...September 30, 2017
- show more news