Motril is a town and municipality located on the Mediterranean coast in Granada province, Spain. It is the 2nd largest town in the province, with a population of 61,170 people (2012 census) and a total area of 109.77 km2 (42.38 ml2).
- The town is situated near Guadalfeo River and 69 km (43 miles) from Granada. The council of Motril incorporates the city of Motril and neighbourhoods of Calahonda, Carchuna, El Varadero, La Chucha, La Garnatilla, La Perla, Las Ventillas, Playa Granada, Puntalon and Torrenueva. Motril is also the capital of Coast of Granada region.
- King Baudouin of the Belgians passed away in Motril of heart failure while on a visit to "Villa Astrida" (their summer residence) in 1993.
- Motril is the synonym of sugar. The process of sugar cane transformation into a wealth of sugar types, even liquors like the precious rum of Motril, has always been economy's basis. Sugar refineries have been the "future" of the city for many years. Now they are one of the legacies of Motril.
- The geographical position of the city makes it a major industrial and commercial centre. The most important industry is the paper mill which gives 400 jobs and produce about 250 tons of paper annually.
- The Port of Motril is a fishing and commercial port. This is the 2nd most important industry after paper industry.
- A famous museum named "The Sugarcane Museum" is situated in Motril.
Highlights: Carchuna Fortress, Casa de la Palma, Granada
The Motril cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Motril, Spain.
If you lose the Motril location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Motril cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Motril, Spain. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
28 April, 2017