Ullapool is a village located in Ross-shire, Scottish Highlands. It has around 1,500 inhabitants and despite its small size is the largest settlement for lots of miles around and an important Scottish tourist destination.
- The North Atlantic Drift passes the village of Ullapool, and brings moderate temperatures. Several Cordyline australis (New Zealand cabbage trees) grow in Ullapool and are frequently mistaken for palms.
- Ullapool features a strong reputation as centre for music, arts and performance. It has a small museum housed in Telford Church, An Talla Solais, arts centre with often changing workshops and exhibitions, fitness centre, swimming pool, several pubs, restaurants and hotels. It’s a centre for wildlife enthusiasts, walkers and other holidaymakers and is located in a spectacular part of the United Kingdom.
- Every year in May there is the 3-day Ullapool Book Festival attracting a diverse range of writers, with works in both English and Scottish Gaelic. The Macphail Centre features a theatre which hosts a regular program of theatrical, musical and dance performances, many by Scottish national companies. However, some work via travelling Edinburgh Fringe performers and smaller reps.
- Ullapool village is referenced in Team Fortress 2, a multiplayer video game, as the hometown of Demoman and in the name of in-game melee weapon which Demoman chooses to have in loadout.
- In the X-men series of Marvel comics, mutant werewolf Rahne Sinclair is from the village of Ullapool.
Highlights: Highland town, harbour, Museum, Inverewe Gardens
The Ullapool cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Ullapool, Scotland.
If you lose the Ullapool location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Ullapool cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Ullapool, Scotland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
7 April, 2018
29 April, 2018
30 April, 2018