Waterford Harbour is a natural harbor located at the mouth of the rivers in Ireland - Barrow, Nore and Suir. The harbour is navigable for shipping to both citis - Waterford and New Ross. The Waterford port is a deep-water port and can handle ships up to 32,000 DWT (Deadweight tonnage). It is one of the major trading ports in Ireland, and the closest to mainland Europe. On the harbor's west side is located the fishing village Dunmore East - a popular holiday vacation resort.
The city of Waterford (Munster province) is located at the harbor's head. It is the country's oldest and 5th most populous (population of around 70,000). Among the tourist attractions are:
- Reginald's Tower (located on the Quays) is a museum and the Ireland's oldest building (a Viking monument).
- The city is internationally famous with its glass production between 1783-2009, when the Waterford Crystal factory was shut down. The House of Waterford Crystal (visitor centre) was opened in June 2010.
- Between mid-1850s - late-1860s, the Neptune Ironworks (shipbuilding company owned by Malcomson Family) built here and operated some of the world's largest iron steamers , among which 5 Transatlantic ocean liners.
- Bishop's Palace museum (opened in 2011) has items from the period 1700–1970. Next to Bishop's Palace there is a second museum displaying the city's Medieval history.
- Theatre Royal (built 1876) is part of the City Hall.
- Municipal Art Gallery has a collection of over 200 paintings, including from renowned artists.
Highlights: Crystal Factory, Kilkenny
The Waterford cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Waterford, Ireland.
If you lose the Waterford location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Waterford cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Waterford, Ireland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
21 July, 2017
29 July, 2017