CMV Magellan cabins and suites review at CruiseMapper provides detailed information on cruise accommodations, including floor plans, photos, room types and categories, cabin sizes, furniture details and included by Cruise and Maritime Voyages en-suite amenities and services.
The CMV Magellan cruise ship cabins page is conveniently interlinked with its deck plans showing deck layouts combined with a legend and review of all onboard venues.
CMV Magellan cabins review
Follows the review of ms Magellan staterooms as furniture, amenities and complimentary services:
- Each of the Magellan cruise ship cabins has en-suite bathroom (shower cubicle with plastic curtain, single-sink vanity, WC, hairdryer, bathrobes), sleeping area (twin bed or 2 twins /some convertible to double, bedside tables, Still form mattresses), living area, wardrobe (ample drawer-hanging-storage space), mirrored vanity/dressing table with a chair, direct-dial phone, electronic safe, mini-bar / fridge), individual air-conditioning (no thermostat, only a twist knob for controlling the cool air flow), flat TV, wall lighting, nightly turndown service. Some rooms are equipped with additional Pullman beds for a 3rd/4th passenger. Most lower beds are L-shaped configuration. Toiletries (unbranded bath products) are regularly replenished and include shower gel/shampoo (wall-mounted) and two soap bars.
- Pullman beds are foldaway beds (aka bunk beds) that are pulled down either from the wall or from the ceiling. On Magellan, these beds are mounted on the walls.
- Cruise and Maritime’s onboard TV programming includes news and movie channels (incl BBC News, CNN International, BBC World, Film 4, CBS Drama, The Chart Show), dedicated Magellan ship information channel (shore excursions/tours lectures, cruise itinerary port talks, schedule events, cruise director announcements, etc), a Cruise DVD promoting channel, a channel for live cam views (“view from the bridge”).
- Guarantee Inside cabins (category IG, location on Baltic Deck 5 and Atlantic Deck 6) are rooms with allocated numbers at ticketing stage. Cabin location can’t be requested. Most IG rooms are likely to be interior (without a window).
- Standard Twin Inner (category 1) are with Caribbean Deck 4 location.
- Standard Plus Twin Inner (category 2) are with Baltic Deck 5 location.
- Superior Twin Inner (category 3) is with Atlantic Deck 6 location.
- Premium Twin Inner (category 4) are with Pacific Deck 7 location.
- Standard Twin Oceanview rooms (categories 6P and 7P) are with a picture window, excepting the bow located on both decks clusters of rooms, which are with a porthole window.
- Standard Plus Twin Oceanview (category 8) are with Baltic Deck 5 location.
- Superior Twin Oceanview (category 9) are with Atlantic Deck 6 location.
- Superior Plus Twin Oceanview (category 11) and Premium Twin Oceanview (category 12) are with Pacific Deck 7 location.
- All the Magellan ship’s suite accommodations are located forward on Navigator Deck 11. The cluster includes six RS-Royal Suites, four DL-Deluxe Suites, and four JS-Junior Suites. These are the ship’s balcony cabins, each featuring a private veranda with lounge furniture (1 table, 2 chairs). Suites additionally have a larger, well-furnished sitting area, private veranda, fixed queen bed (convertible to twins), two TVs, DVD player, tea-coffee maker, walk-in closet, sofa bed (for 3rd and/or 4th passenger), larger bathroom (shower/bathtub, enhanced bath amenities). The list of suite-only bonus amenities includes bathrobes, slippers, daily replenished fresh fruits and flowers, complimentary umbrella, world atlas, tote bag, daily newspaper (based on itinerary / ports of call), welcome gifts (bottle of Champagne, bottled water, chocolates on the pillow), priority services (embarkation, disembarkation, tendering). The list of complimentary services includes laundry (throughout the voyage), DVD hire, in-cabin dining (breakfast service, pre-dinner hor d'oeuvres), restaurant dining reservations (upon request), shore excursion reservations.
- All De Luxe Suites are with partially obstructed views due to lifeboats. Royal Suite 1102 (bow-portside) is wheelchair accessible but has only a shower (no bathtub).
- Room service is 24-hours, but not complimentary. Room service menu includes Caesar salad (GBP 8), soup (GBP 3,50), baguette with cheese and salad (GBP 7), burger with beef (GBP 13), homemade cake (GBP 6), beverages (tea-coffee GBP 1,80). Complimentary in-cabin Continental breakfast is available between 7 – 10 am (cereals, bread, pastries, yogurt, fruits, juices, hot drinks).
- The Magellan ship has no self-serve laundry rooms (launderettes). Dry cleaning is also not available. At extra charge are offered laundering and ironing (priced between GBP 2-6 per item).
Single cruise cabins
MS Magellan single staterooms are only 2 (numbers 5005 and 5006 on Baltic Deck). They can be booked with single occupancy rates (no single supplement required). All single-occupancy rooms are equipped with 1 lower and 1 upper bed and have en-suite bathrooms.
- Superior Single inner (category 5) are located mostly on Atlantic Deck 6 (one cabin is on Pacific Deck 7).
- Superior Single Oceanview (category 10) is located on Atlantic Deck 6. Each of those has a picture window.
- The Magellan ship also has a total of 150 Superior Twin inside and outside rooms allocated for single occupancy. They can be booked at 25% supplement.
Handicap / wheelchair-accessible cruise cabins
- For CMV Magellan cruise passengers with disabilities, there are a total of 21 accessible cabins equipped for passengers with mobility limitations plus their travel companions. All staterooms are with wider entry doors (2,8 ft / 84 cm; bathroom door’s width is 2 ft / 58 cm), turning spaces, beds with open bed frames, lowered vanity in the sitting area, amplified phones, captioned TVs, wider bathrooms (roll-in shower, fold-down shower bench, grab bars, lower sinks, and closet rods, raised toilets, hand-held shower head).
- Handicap rooms numbers are 1102 (Royal Suite), 5086, 5089, 5090, 5091, 5093, 5095, 5096, 5097, 5098, 5099, 5137, 5188, 5195, 6075, 6081, 6084, 6085, 6088, 6153, 6208.
- All handicap cabins feature a convenient location near the ship’s elevators.
- All passenger decks provide elevator access. All onboard dining venues, bars, and lounges offer wheelchair access and seating.
CMV Magellan cabin and suite plans are property of Cruise and Maritime Voyages . All floor plans are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.