Carnival Imagination cabins and suites review at CruiseMapper provides detailed information on cruise accommodations, including floor plans, photos, room types and categories, cabin sizes, furniture details and included by Carnival Cruise Line en-suite amenities and services.
The Carnival Imagination cruise ship cabins page is conveniently interlinked with its deck plans showing deck layouts combined with a legend and review of all onboard venues.
Layout (floor plan)
|Cabin size:||330 ft2 / 31 m2|
|Balcony size:||70 ft2 / 7 m2|
|Location (on decks):||midship on deck 6-Upper|
|Type (categories):||(GS) Grand Suite|
Layout (floor plan)
|Cabin size:||220 ft2 / 20 m2|
|Balcony size:||30 ft2 / 3 m2|
|Location (on decks):||forward on deck 11-Verandah|
|Type (categories):||(JS, OB-Obstructed) Junior Suite|
Layout (floor plan)
|Cabin size:||185 ft2 / 17 m2|
|Location (on decks):||4-Riviera, 5-Main, 6-Upper, 7-Empress|
|Type (categories):||(OV-Guaranteed, 6A, 6B, 6C, 6D, 6E) Oceanview / Outside cabins|
Layout (floor plan)
|Max passengers:||2 (PT), 3 (4I), 4 (4A), 5 (4B, 4C, 4D, 4E)|
|Cabin size:||185 ft2 / 17 m2|
|Location (on decks):||4-Riviera, 5-Main, 6-Upper, 7-Empress, 11-Verandah|
|Type (categories):||(IS-Guaranteed, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4I, PT-Porthole) Interior / Inside cabins|
Interior Single Cabin
Layout (floor plan)
|Cabin size:||160 ft2 / 15 m2|
|Location (on decks):||4-Riviera, 6-Upper, 7-Empress|
|Type (categories):||(1A "Lower and Upper") Small Interior / Inside Single cabin with Single-Twin Bed and either Pullman Bed or Sofa Bed|
Carnival Imagination cabins review
The Carnival cruise ship Imagination has a total of 25 wheelchair accessible cabins (for disabled passengers) and no Spa cabins (with exclusive access to Spa Carnival facilities). The number of all cabin categories is 19.
Connecting rooms ("family cabins") are in the following grades: 2 beds (4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 6E, 8B, 8C), and 2-3 beds (6B, 6C, 6D).
Follows the review of Carnival Imagination staterooms as amenities, furniture, and complimentary services:
- Carnival Imagination Suites (Grand and Junior) have 1 queen bed, double sofa bed (Grand) and single sofa bed (Junior), living area (walk-in closet, drawers, vanity table, chair), private bathroom (WC, shower, whirlpool bathtub, double sinks), private balcony (table, patio chairs). Category OB-Junior Suites are with an obstructed view.
- Oceanview cabins have a large picture window, twin beds (convertible to queen), bathroom (shower), living area. Some have bunk beds (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Interior cabins with windows have one Porthole Window (category PT), 2 twin beds (convertible to queen), bathroom (shower), living area (vanity, seating).
- Small Inside cabins have bunk beds (upper/lower Pullman beds), living area (vanity, chair), bathroom (shower).
- All Carnival Imagination cabins as amenities have a closet (ample storage space), 2 twin beds (convertible to queen /excepting the suites with 1 queen bed), living area (vanity, seating), flat TV, direct-dial phone, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes, lifejackets (in the closet), bathroom amenity basket (replenished upon request), custom-made beds (Carnival Comfort Bed System), beach towels, mini-bar/fridge, individual air-conditioning, complimentary 24-hour room service. Bibles (Gideon version) are provided upon request.
- The Carnival’s Sail & Sign card (cashless onboard credit account) doubles as stateroom key. The S&S credit program allows charges on purchases and tips/gratuities directly to a personal account throughout the Carnival cruise. The card has a designated owner and must be utilized for all money transactions on the ship as cash is accepted as a form of payment only at the casino. These cards are provided to all passengers (incl minors) immediately upon boarding the ship. Balance updates are provided at Guest Services desk (at any time). They can also be checked via the interactive TV in each stateroom.
- Depending on satellite reception (Carnival Imagination location at sea), the complimentary in-cabin TV programming includes the following channels: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CNN (Domestic, International, Espanol), TCM (classic movies), cartoons (Boomerang, CN), TNT, TBS. There are 2 complimentary movie channels showing a film every 3 hours (both starting at 12 noon). One shows all-time favorites (PG -13 rated) and the other shows all-time family favorites (G / PG rated). The following TV channels are Carnival-themed and also complimentary: Fun Finds TV, Cruise Director, Fun Aboard, Park West Art, Shore Tours, Ship Position, live cam views (webcams positioned forward and on lido deck), Audible Funtimes, Photo, Music. Sporting events (ESPN, ESPN 2) are shown only on big screens – at the ship’s Sports Bar and Seaside Theatre (not in cabins/suites). All the TV’s connection ports are intentionally disabled, which makes impossible to connect it with personal devices (cameras, DVDs, USBs, iPods, gaming consoles, etc).
- Bathroom amenities vary each time, so it’s advisable you bring your own. Samples may include toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, body lotion, razor, antiacids. There is a wall-mounted dispenser in the shower stall (for liquid soap and shampoo).
- Electric power outlets are located in the desk/vanity area – one 110 V outlet (3-pronged, USA grounded) and one 220 V outlet (European standard). The bathroom’s 2-pin plug can be used only for electric razors.
- The new Carnival beds are Europe-manufactured exclusively for the company. The ensemble includes custom pillows (trademarked “New Generation Pillows”, 100% cotton), duvet (100% hypoallergenic, ultra-fine, satin-striped), cover, deluxe sheets (high-quality cotton), pillowcases (ultra-fine, satin-striped), 8-inch / 20 cm spring mattresses (trademarked “Carnival Comfort”). Alternative (non-allergenic) bedding is also available. It includes 100% polyester blankets, sheets and pillowcases (60/40 cotton-polyester) and New Generation Pillows (100% cotton). Note: Trundle beds don’t have Carnival Comfort mattresses.
- Carnival-logoed Beach Towels are provided in each cruise accommodation for passengers to take ashore. Beach towels are also available for purchasing (at $22). Bathrobes (2) are provided in all suites. Additional bathrobes are provided upon request. For all other cruise accommodations, bathrobes are provided (upon request) during the turndown service on the first evening. Bathrobes can be purchased at $49 (adult size) and $24 (children sizes /2-4 yo and 6-8 yo).
- Life jackets are used in cases of emergency only (not at the ship pools). Lifejackets are located within passenger/crew cabins (in the closet). They are available in 3 sizes – adult, child, and infant.
- Each of the cabins has a safe (located in the closet) with approx dimensions (inches/centimeters) – width (10/25), height (9/23) and depth (8/20). Cabin safes can be accessed by any magnetic strip card. It is advisable not to use a valid credit card (or driver’s license), but an old expired card (or some rewards card) instead. Some safes are with a keypad (personal code). Safes can be opened also by the ship’s security.
- All cruise cabin and suite mini-bars are stocked with premium liquors ($6-9,25), beer ($6,25), energy drinks ($5), soft soda/beverages ($2), bottled water ($3,75).
- In-cabin babysitting is not available (read more at Camp Ocean below). Cribs in cruise cabins are provided complimentary (upon request). In Main Dining Rooms are provided complimentary high chairs and booster seats.
- Smoking in cabins/suites and on their balconies is prohibited. On Carnival Imagination, smoking allowed areas (cigarettes /incl electronic cigarettes) are Illusions Nightclub (disco /not allowed on the dance floor), Casino (designated areas), Casino Bar. Smoking (incl of cigars and tobacco pipes) is allowed on designated outdoor areas on Deck 10 starboard (main pool area).
- Funville@Sea is free of charge Intranet service providing information on onboard activities and events schedule, bar and restaurant menus, deck maps, Fun Times (newspaper), FunAshore (tour guides), Carnival cruise news, itinerary-related weather reports, onboard social network (tracking/messaging other passengers). The complimentary service is available via the Infotainment system (in all cabins) and also at the FunHub stations around the ship.
- Current Carnival Imagination gratuities (per day per person) are USD 12,95 (for standard cabin passengers) and USD 13,95 for suite passengers. The list of perks for all suites includes: priority embarkation/debarkation/tendering (all ports), priority main dining room reservations, complimentary bottled water in cabins, a complimentary bag of laundry (one per cruise), enhanced turndown service.
- Since 2017, Carnival Cruise Line offers a new program allowing ship passengers to customize their steward service by choosing to have the cabin serviced in the morning, at night or both (twice a day). All guests can choose from a list of additional cabin amenities, among which are bathrobes, extra pillows, blankets, closet hangers. All guests can also specify how often the bed linens to be changed during the cruise. Your personal preferences can be selected from a services menu card left in each of the ship’s staterooms. By default, if you make no selections on the card, your room service steward will service the accommodation twice daily.
You can see all the furniture details on Carnival Cruise Line Carnival Imagination cabin plans in the above table.
Cruise Ship Room Service
In 2016, Carnival Cruise Lines rolled out fleetwide for-fee (chargeable) room service menu, which items can be ordered 24/7. The new menu still has free of charge items – hot and cold sandwiches, salads, desserts, beverages, Continental Breakfast selections. At extra cost (ranging between USD 1,50 and 6) are items that include shrimp, also sushi, pizza, quesadillas, cheesesteaks, chicken wings/tenders, fries. Bar drinks orders through room service are at regular bar menu prices (no extra fee added).
Complimentary room service menu
- Continental Breakfast (upon request)
- Sandwiches are served with potato salad, coleslaw, potato chips/pretzels, bread (white, whole wheat, rye, gluten-free). The list of sandwiches includes Tuna Salad, Roast Turkey, Ham & Cheese, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato, Grilled Cheese, Grilled Reuben (corned beef, Swiss cheese).
- Salads – Garden, Caesar, Vegetable Platter (with dips)
- Desserts – cheesecake, cookies, chocolate cake
- Beverages – juices (tomato, orange, apple, grapefruit), tea (hot, iced), hot chocolate, milk, soft drinks (club soda, ginger ale, tonic water, coke, and sprite /also diet)
- Beers – domestic (Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Samuel Adams), imported (Heineken, Corona, Stella Artois), also available are beer buckets and wines by the bottle.
For-fee room service menu
The following items are available for ordering 24 hours but are at an additional charge.
- Chicken Wings ($5) – choice of Honey BBQ, Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan, Buffalo Sauce, Caribbean Jerk
- Chicken Tenders ($5) – choice of sauce (BBQ or Honey Mustard)
- Firecracker Shrimp ($6) – fried with chili ginger, served with fries
- Chicken Quesadilla ($5)
- Philly Cheesesteak ($5) – served with fries
- Pan Pizza ($5) – handmade and baked-to-order (Cheese, Pepperoni, Ham, and Pineapple)
- French Fries ($1,50), Sweet Potato Fries ($2), Banana Split ($4).
Continental Breakfast room service menu
The following items are available for ordering free of charge.
- Cereals and Fruits – Banana, Melon, Frosted Flakes, Special K, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Bakery – toasts (white, wheat, gluten-free), danish pastries, muffins, croissants, bagels
- Yogurt – plain, strawberry, peach, raspberry
- Drinks – juices (orange, apple, tomato, grapefruit), hot tea, milk (also skim and chocolate), fresh coffee (regular and decaf)
- Half-and-half (milk-cream), butter, margarine, cream cheese, jelly (grape, diet, strawberry, guava), honey, orange marmalade.
Carnival Imagination cabin and suite plans are property of Carnival Cruise Line . All floor plans are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.