The list of MS Nieuw Statendam cabins includes a total of 912 balconied accommodations (164 Suites and 748 Balcony staterooms), which means that 69% of all passenger rooms are with a private veranda view. The other cabin types are Oceanview (147) and Interior cabins (280, without windows). The number of all cabin categories is 35.
Follows the review of Nieuw Statendam staterooms as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services:
- (PS) Pinnacle Suites have a separate bedroom (king-size bed, premium bedding sets, bedside USB port), private bathroom (oversized hot tub /shower, plus shower stall, plus separate shower, oversize towels, luxury bathrobes, slippers), living room (2-person sofa bed, premium sound system, data port), dining room (6-seat dining table, pantry, mini-bar/fridge, microwave), guest toilet, large walk-in closet (with vanity table and chair), dressing room (magnifying makeup mirror), personal mini-safe, phone. Floor-ceiling windows open to a private step-out balcony with a hot tub.
- (SQ, SA, SB, SC) Neptune Suites have 2 lower beds convertible to king, bathroom (dual-sink vanity, full-size hot tub/shower, plus separate shower, oversize towels, luxury bathrobes, slippers), sitting area with floor-ceiling windows opening to a private step-out balcony.
- (SS, SY) Signature Suites have 2 lower beds convertible to king, one 1-person murphy bed (aka wall bed, pull down bed), bathroom (dual-sink vanity, oversize towels, full-size hot tub/shower, plus shower stall), sitting area (mini-bar), floor-ceiling windows opening to a private step-out balcony.
- (AS, A, B, BC) Vista Suites have 2 lower beds convertible to queen, bathroom (WC/shower, oversize towels), sitting area (mini-bar), floor-ceiling windows opening to a private step-out balcony.
- (V, VQ, VS, VA, VB, VC, VD, VE, VF, VH) Verandah/Balcony staterooms have 2 lower beds convertible to queen, bathroom (WC/shower), sitting area, floor-ceiling windows opening to a private step-out balcony.
- (D, C, CQ, E, F, FA, FB, OO) Oceanview staterooms, and (I, IQ, J, K, L, N) Inside cabins have 2 lower beds convertible to queen, and bathroom (WC/shower).
- Nieuw Statendam Spa cabins are in the following categories: SQ (Neptune Spa Suite), VQ (Verandah Spa), CQ (Oceanview Spa) and IQ (Inside Spa). The ship also features 12 single cabins (rooms bookable with single occupancy rates).
- Another unique for a Holland America ship feature is the all 32 Oceanview Family cabins (categories FA-FB) for up to 5 people. Their sizes vary from 222 to 231 ft2 (21 m2) depending on deck location. Staterooms for families on Nieuw Statendam have 2 bathrooms – 1 big (bathtub/shower, WC, sink) and 1 small (shower, sink). The 2-bathroom staterooms are a new Holland American cabin concept, that was first introduced on Disney Cruise Line ships.
The list of Holland America cabin amenities by stateroom category includes:
- Pinnacle- and Neptune Suite guests enjoy complimentary services (laundry, pressing, dry cleaning), corsages & boutonnieres (first formal night only), hors d’oeuvres (upon request, waiter served before dinner), binoculars & umbrellas, captain’s cocktail party, priority services (tendering in all ms Nieuw Statendam ports of call, disembarkation, dining reservations and seating), exclusive breakfast service, Afternoon Tea service (upon request), Neptune Lounge exclusive access.
- Signature- and Vista Suite guests enjoy a pillow menu (firm, medium, soft), concierge service, fresh flowers.
- In all Holland America Nieuw Statendam cabins grades (including Oceanview and Verandah/Balcony rooms) are offered: deluxe mattresses with luxury bedding sets (HAL’s signature “Mariner’s Dream”), terry bathrobes, Egyptian cotton towels, massage shower-heads, magnifying mirror (5x), quality hairdryer, Elemis luxury bath products, fresh fruits (upon request), ice bucket, serving tray (in-cabin drinks), complimentary services (ice, shoeshine, nightly turndown), flat TV/DVD set (infotainment system with on-demand movies).
- Among the new features and modern improvements to be found in all cabins on Nieuw Statendam are redesigned headboards (with USB and electrical outlets on both sides of the bed), stone tops on the desk and the nightstands, redesigned closets, improved lighting. There are 4 different colour schemes – for suites, spa cabins, balcony and inside rooms.
Holland America Nieuw Statendam passengers booking Suite categories enjoy the following "perks" (bonus amenities):
- Neptune suites - Nespresso coffee machine, BOSE SoundDock (multimedia iPod docking station), complimentary in-cabin breakfast option, luxury bath products (by Elemis).
- Signature and Vista suites - binoculars (usable throughout the cruise).
"Club Orange" program provides exclusive amenities to Suite passengers booked in categories Neptune and Pinnacle. Bonus perks by this program include:
- priority services (check-in, disembarkation, tendering, dining reservations)
- 24-hour concierge service (assistance, information, reservations)
- exclusive dining venue (serving complimentary Pinnacle Grill breakfast and Dining Room dinner, plus exclusive dishes)
- dedicated Concierge Desk (Guest Services and Tours)
- room service (a la carte breakfast menu with complimentary gourmet dishes - including smoked salmon, steak and eggs)
- sparkling wine (embarkation day), Club Orange tote bag, premium bathrobes (cabin use, available for monogramming and purchasing).
- Club Orange Restaurant is the former "Culinary Arts Center".