Tall-ship operator Sea Cloud Cruises announced that the third ship of the fleet will be delivered in 2020.
Sea Cloud Spirit will accommodate 136 passengers. It will be a working sail ship, built with the existing hull of Sea Cloud Hussar - a vessel that was under construction for Sea Cloud but was abandoned after in 2010 the Spanish shipyard Factoria Naval de Marin declared bankruptcy.
- Sea Cloud Spirit will be constructed at Metalships & Docks shipyard in Vigo, Spain.
- Ship's interiors will be outfitted by Hamburg-based Partner Ship Design.
- The 5-deck ship will have 27 sails covering over 43,000 ft2 (3,995 m2).
- The height of the main mast will be 189.30 ft (58 m).
- 25 (22 Junior Suites and 3 Owner Suites) of the 69 cabins will have private balconies.
- Sea Cloud Spirit will also be the first sail ship to offer an elevator.