In 2020, Holland America’s ships ms Amsterdam, ms Zaandam and ms Zuiderdam will transport passengers to the historic cities and stunning coastlines of Canada and New England on over 40 voyages. Sailing one of the industry's most robust seasons between April and October, guests can choose from among ten itineraries ranging from 6 to 14 days.
During the summer, vacationers will have more sailings to choose from when ms Amsterdam joins ms Zaandam to offer additional Canada and New England Discovery itineraries between Boston Massachusetts and Montreal Quebec, with more opportunities to explore the spectacular Acadia National Park of Maine or Cape Breton’s Bird Islands.
- Beginning in April, ms Amsterdam, ms Zaandam, and ms Zuiderdam offer 6-, 7-, 8-, 10-, 11- and 14-day voyages departing from Boston, Fort Lauderdale, New York City, Montreal, and Quebec City. The itineraries feature calls at some of the most iconic destinations of the region, including Charlottetown, Sydney, Halifax, and Bar Harbor, Maine.
- MS Amsterdam and ms Zaandam offer more summer itineraries. On April 21, 2020, ms Zaandam kicks off the Canada & New England spring season via an 11-day Atlantic Coast trip. Departing from Fort Lauderdale FL, the ship visits Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown, and Quebec City, before concluding at Montreal. MS Amsterdam offers a similar itinerary departing on May 26, with a port of call in Portland and scenic cruising on Saint Lawrence River.
- Between May and September 2020, both ms Amsterdam and ms Zaandam offer a series of 7-day Canada & New England Discovery voyages between Montreal and Boston, with calls at Boston, Halifax, Bar Harbor, Sydney, Charlottetown, Quebec City, as well as the Gulf of St. Lawrence cruising. Special 6- and 8-day itineraries are offered to depart on October 3 and October 9, respectively.
- MS Zaandam offers a new 7-day Historic Coasts sailing in 2020, and a 14-day Atlantic Coast voyage. The Historic Coasts trip departs on August 22 sailing roundtrip from Boston. It includes calls at Portland, Saint John, Halifax, Sydney, Bar Harbor. The 14-day Atlantic Coast trip departs from Montreal on October 17 and visits Quebec City, Baie-Comeau, Charlottetown, Sydney, Halifax, Bar Harbor, Boston, New York, Charleston, before concluding at Fort Lauderdale FL.
- In September, ms Zuiderdam begins the fall season with a trio of 10-day Colors of Canada & New England voyages between New York and Quebec City. On September 7 and 27, ms Zuiderdam departs from New York and calls at Boston, Halifax, Bar Harbor, Sydney, Charlottetown, and Quebec City, where passengers can enjoy an overnight before disembarking. A similar itinerary is offered on September 17 departing from Quebec City, where travelers can enjoy an overnight onboard before the cruise departure. The cruises feature sailing through the Gulf of Saint Lawrence and Saguenay Fjord, where the fall foliage presents a wonderful display of color.
- MS Zuiderdam offers an 11-day Atlantic Coast voyage departing from Quebec City on October 7, calling at Charlottetown, Halifax, Sydney, Bar Harbor, Boston, Newport, New York, prior to concluding at Fort Lauderdale FL.
- Cruise fares for the 7-day Canada & New England Discovery voyages begin at US$799 pp; for the 10-day Colors of Canada & New England itineraries begin at US$1,399 pp; for the 11-day Atlantic Coast itineraries at US$999 pp; and for the 14-day Atlantic Coast voyage begin at US$1,799 pp; all double occupancy.