The dramatic transformation, which is part of The Celebrity Revolution, makes Celebrity Equinox the 3rd cruise ship to be “revolutionized” as part of the line's US$500 million investment in ship-wide upgrades and reimagined spaces, taking the fleet to the Edge.
On the modernized Celebrity Equinox, Caribbean vacationers can enjoy the following enhancements:
- The addition of The Retreat for suite passengers, including The Retreat Sundeck and The Retreat Lounge (former Michael’s Club)
- The Qsine (former Silk Harvest) features both the brand's exclusive Le Petit ChefTM and Friends as well as the original Le Petit ChefTM, a couple of unique dining experiences developed via a partnership with TableMationTM and SkullmappingTM using innovative 4k technology
- A reimagined Passport Bar, best for mingling before or after dinner
- A new creation, Craft Social (former Gastrobar), which is a casual spot offering over 40 craft beers, wines and cocktails on tap, food favourites, flat-screen TVs, and leather seating
- Refreshed staterooms and suites with stunning enhancements designed with passenger comfort in mind, now featuring Celebrity Cruises' exclusive eXhale bedding collection with king-sized Cashmere mattresses
- The launch of a new partnership with Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, boasting S.T.E.M.-focused activations and first-at-sea programming offered as part of the Camp at Sea for young vacationers
- Impressive digital enhancements, including the addition of RFID lock technology and pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi. Travellers will be able to experience the line's industry-first facial recognition technology via the implementation of Celebrity Cruises app, enabling expedited boarding and smooth port arrival, plus additional features like digital room keys and guest-to-guest chat
- Unique new products and treatments offered at The Spa by Canyon Ranch, such as 3 new Signature Couples’ treatments, Dyson Supersonic blow-outs at Canyon Ranch Blow-Out Bar, Mink and Rapid Lash services, new customized facials by Reveal Machine, and more
- World-class retail offerings, of which Kate Spade, John Hardy Boutique, and a new watch boutique featuring Hublot, Shinola, and other Swiss watch brands.
Celebrity Equinox’s bow-to-stern renovation started on May 4 in Cadiz, where the ship spent 29 days in the skilled hands of over 500 architects, artisans, contractors, designers, engineers, shipyard employees, the newbuild and Celebrity teams.
Equinox is just the 3rd revolutionary revitalization for the cruise brand. Celebrity Silhouette is next in line, scheduled for completion on January 31, next year, with 5 more vessels to be modernized by 2023.