Virgin Voyages officially confirmed a crew death on the new brand's first ship - Scarlet Lady. The 32-year-old Filipino man died on Friday, May 22, from causes not related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the USCG said.
USCG officials classified the cause of death as "apparent self-harm." The crew was not awaiting repatriation.
In a statement, Virgin Voyages said they were working with the appropriate authorities to learn more and were respecting the privacy of those impacted.
The ship berthed at PortMiami Florida to offload the body. Scarlet Lady had been positioned off Florida's coast after the Virgin cruise line decided to postpone brand's maiden voyage from Miami for October 16th.
The 2800-passenger newbuild has not yet conducted a commercial sailing due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
For other Scarlet Lady accidents and incidents see at the ship's CruiseMinus page.