HAL-Holland America Line extended its cruise suspension, issuing a list of cancelled Hawaii, Panama Canal, US Pacific Coastal and South American voyages with departures from Vancouver BC Canada, as well as Circle Hawaii roundtrips in early-2021.
The company announced the cancellations were due to ongoing port and travel restrictions amid the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
The following sailings are cancelled, in addition to the previously announced:
- MS Eurodam: September 26, 2020, 22-day Panama Canal sailing from Vancouver BC to Fort Lauderdale FL
- MS Koningsdam: September 26, 2020, 7-day Pacific Northwest sailing from Vancouver BC to San Diego CA; January 16 and February 2, 2021, Circle Hawaii Voyages sailing roundtrip from San Diego CA
- MS Maasdam: September 21, 2020, 16-day Mexico and Sea of Cortez cruise from Vancouver BC to San Diego CA
- MS Noordam: September 27, 2020, 14-day North Pacific Crossing out of Vancouver BC to Yokohama, Japan
- MS Volendam: September 30, October 3, and October 10, 2020, 3- and 7-day Pacific Northwest and coastal sailings from Vancouver BC
- MS Westerdam: September 20, 2020, 17-day Circle Hawaii sailing roundtrip from Vancouver BC; October 7, 2020, 23-day Inca Discovery sailing from Vancouver BC to San Antonio (Santiago), Chile.
Shorter segments within the above departures are also cancelled.
Collectors’ Voyages combining back-to-back cruises including the above departures are also cancelled.
Guests with impacted cruises automatically will be cancelled. No action is needed for those opting for a Future Cruise Credit (FCC). All HAL clients will receive an FCC per person: those who had paid in full receive 125% FCC of the base cruise price paid to Holland America; those with bookings not paid in full receive an FCC of double the amount of the deposit paid for the sailing. The minimum FCC is $100. The maximum is an amount up to the base fare paid.
The FCC is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. It may be used to book sailings departing through December 31, 2022. All other funds paid to the cruise line may be transferred to a new booking or will be automatically refunded via the method of payment used to purchase the services.
Travellers who prefer a 100% refund of the money paid to Holland America can visit the Cancellation Preferences form to indicate the preference no later than July 15.
The above options aren't applicable to customers booked on a charter sailing.
As it was previously announced, Holland America extended its pause of global operations and cancelled all Europe, Alaska, Canada and New England cruises for this year. In addition, ms Amsterdam will not operate her 79-day Grand Africa Voyage.