Five RCI-Royal Caribbean ships will have their summer 2021 schedules changed up, as the cruise company announced an update to its deployment plans.
RCI revealed that it had made the changes based on, "market research and valuable feedback from guests and travel partners". The new deployment line-up provided guests with "greater variety, including a season of short Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona and more island time in the Caribbean with additional summer homeports in Tampa Florida and San Juan Puerto Rico."
- Adventure of the Seas sails from Barcelona Spain and offers 4- and 5-night Mediterranean itineraries. Originally, the ship was scheduled to sail from Copenhagen Denmark and Stockholm Sweden.
- Jewel of the Seas sails from Copenhagen and Stockholm on 7-night sailings to the Baltics and Scandinavia. Originally, the ship was scheduled to sail from Amsterdam Holland and Barcelona.
- Brilliance of the Seas stays in Tampa FL for the summer months, offering 4-, 5- and 7-night sailings to the Caribbean. Originally, the ship was scheduled to sail from Miami FL.
- Independence of the Seas sails from Miami FL instead of Fort Lauderdale FL for the summer, offering 6- and 8-night sailings to the Southern and Western Caribbean.
- Vision of the Seas sails from San Juan to the Southern Caribbean. Originally, the ship was scheduled to sail from Barcelona.
The other summer 2021 RCI cruises remain as planned (Alaska, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Caribbean).
Guests with confirmed bookings between April-October 2021 whose sailings are affected by the changes will be notified within the next 3 weeks, as the new itineraries are added. The existing bookings will continue to be covered by the company’s Cruise with Confidence program.